• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeweb.com - here to stay

exeweb

Administrator
All,

I've made a big decision. Another one. I'm not going to pack the site in after all.

Recent events have served as a reminder of how important it is for supporters to have a voice and somewhere to share their opinions. I totally understand that certain people at the club hate this site - I would do too if I were them. But the users of this site hold the club to account. You push the club and the Trust to be as good as they can possibly be.

Only a site that is totally independent can let you do that and I want exeweb.com to keep providing you with a voice. As such, I am going to keep on running the site. I've asked the Trust to make arrangements to host their site elsewhere as well, as I have provided them with this for some years now. This will help keep the cost down.

The cost of running the site will still remain an issue but a couple of very generous donations in the last week or so will keep the site going for the next couple of months. Thank you to those who have contributed.

All I want you to do now is to keep on being exeweb.com.

See you at Brighton,

Steve

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're a star.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Nice 1, Exeweb still remains in grecian hands

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done Steve.

Not changing owner means not having a dramatic change of personality which I think most of us will appreciate.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the threat of me buying Exeweb proved too much for him.

I have donated a months worth of sponsorship Steve, this is a very very good site.

angelic upstart

This is good news.

Keep up the good work Mr Exeweb.

Swanaldo

Good stuff.

A question (or two) if I may, Steve.

We've had google Ads on the site for quite a while now. What impact do they have on cost? Could you ever see the site 'paying its own way'?

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

Good news Steve.

Thanks.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear Steve ... see you tomorrow ... or today in fact !!

Joshyd123

Brilliant news!!