• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doing Matchday Threads

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know Mr E has now moved wemissmoxeys post to the tail end of todays original matchday thread, but what wemissmoxy did was kind of what I was suggesting we try, two or three weeks ago. Todays original thread had nearly 300 posts on it, before anybody that was actually AT THE GAME contributed. We have a gentlemen/womans agreement about not starting matchday threads before 12 midnight on the day of a game. Cant we do something like a 'match review thread', for people to use that actually see a game, so that people dont have to read through over 300 Posts before adding?

Its something only we could do though. Nobody can expect a mod or Mr E to sit waiting for the first post to come in from somebody that was at the match.

Anybody think its achievable?

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well we could just start a new thread on it?

PeteUSA

So the first one in thats actually seen the game starts a new thread?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So the first one in thats actually seen the game starts a new thread?
I think it is good if everything is kept together - particularly comments relating to the match. Some suff needs to be devloped in a separate thread, e.g. a particular incident. But tonight we have 2 Corr threads going - that is confusing!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Home, with a proper keyboard.

I think what you might be after Pete is a honest opinion of the game, rather then the simple "we were awful". I've only missed a few games this season, and the ones I have, I've not gleaned an awful of lot of information from Exeweb. The game against Huddersfield where we lost 4-0, was simply down to us being very poor, but gave very little indication of just how good Huddersfield were that day.

On topic, I read Shotsweb, and find it very disjointed that they have so many threads commenting on the match. You see people making the same comment 4 or 5 times, because its not joined up.

Matchday threads can be hard work. I did for once post from the game, but haven't yet had chance to see if any one commented on it.

Today was a day I think everyone needed to be there. It is a benchmark for our season. The opposition were superior to us, but not let that get in the way of anyone commenting on the match. ;)

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Hants said it's hard work reading a matchday thread while at the match, to be fair I've been at games and done this first hand, I've also been at home and had to have a matchday thread as entertainment. So it's inevitable the OP will stray to chit chat and banter. But I have also got back from a game and skipped to the first analysis. If I can be arsed to read it all I will, generally this is when we lose or draw. If we have won, I don't care what's been said during the game.

LOG

As Hants said it's hard work reading a matchday thread while at the match.
Why, whilst you were at the match, would you want to read the match thread on here?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why, whilst you were at the match, would you want to read the match thread on here?
At half time mate

LOG

At half time mate
No, that doesn't help my understanding.

You're at the game and during those 15 minutes you want to find out what comments those who aren't there are making?

Last edited: