• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Superbowl XLIV - Todays the Day!!!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
New Orleans Saints v Indianapolis Colts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

I Just wanted to remind the millions of UK viewers, as I do each year, that its nearly time to get tuned in, and make sure you dont miss the greatest sporting spectacle of the year! I mean, where else would you get to see a match of this magnitude, probably lasting three hours, and have a halftime show from 'The Who'! Seeing Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi doing their stuff has to be one reason in itself to tune in for. (I know, if Keith Moon had been there it would have had that extra appeal, but can you imagine Kieth Moon being allowed anywhere near the stage?)

Anyway, there you go chums, the stage is set for an excellent match.

And for anybody that moans, and says 'whats this to do with City' or 'mods does this belong on here'? I quite simply say 'its football related' They simply play it a bit differently over here.

Jim Shepherd

I mean, where else would you get to see a match of this magnitude, probably lasting three hours, and have a halftime show from 'The Who'! Seeing Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi doing their stuff has to be one reason in itself to tune in for.
Will they be performing Rockin' All Over the World? :cool:

PeteUSA

Will they be performing Rockin' All Over the World? :cool:
Did they do any other songs Jim?

Jim Shepherd

Did they do any other songs Jim?
Did Who do any other songs? The Who or Parfitt/Rossi?

PeteUSA

Did Who do any other songs? The Who or Parfitt/Rossi?
I've just had it pointed out by my friend Jim Shepherd that I inadvertantly said the half-time show would be provided by 'The Who'. I of course meant 'Status Quo' so Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi should be there' Anybody hoping to see Roger Daltry, Pete Townshend, or Keith Moon will unfortunately be dissapointed.

I'm off to bed!

I think you will find it is The Who !

grecIAN Harris

And for anybody that moans, and says 'whats this to do with City' or 'mods does this belong on here'? I quite simply say 'its football related' They simply play it a bit differently over here.
No it's not Pete. It's egg chasing in disguise. You need to come home mate. You've quite obviously been in America far too long if you think otherwise.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is this on WoWS?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How ironic that Pete is so into a sport that doesn't have goalkeepers*-)

PeteUSA

Why is this on WoWS?
Stop spuddling Jambo! Isnt this more interesting than talking about Marriotts choice of kit colors, Norries salary, three 'pitch' threads, and so on?

It'll get moved, dont worry, But Juggling Monkey is a bit easier on the rules than the rest, and I dont suppose Steve could give a sh*t, since he'll be nursing a birthday hangover for the rest of the day! +o(