• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pietersen is a luxury England can ill afford

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yet another ridiculous batting collapse in the final test and once more Pietersen is out with a reckless shot. About time we gave him a rest and played someone with a slightly more circumspect attitude I think. What on earth did the bloke think he was doing? Did he actually think at all?

The mighty Grecian

havent seen the highlights yet but he did play that innings of 80 in the first test that saved the game for England

thats the way he plays thats what he says anyway but I am sure he will come good

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I said, either here or on Conf Forum, that it is all well and good getting out playing loose shots if you are playing flamboyantly, and scoring heavily, in the first place.

He is fast becoming something of a cheap wicket, gone are the big hundreds. He's something of a liability in the field too.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He's england's best bat by a country mile and i expect still averages in the 50's which takes you into the top class bracket in test cricket.

Its the way he plays you exept that , a massive score is just round the corner.

But he does need to produce one soon granted.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He's actually down from 51 this time last year to about 48.

The flamboyance has gone from his batting at present, he needs to recapture this if people are to accept the silly dismissals.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
true , was watching on espn classic the other day a hundred he got against Sri Lanka at Lords back a couple years ago...

switch hitting Murali for 6 twice and the flamingo shot he introduced against Malinga , just amazing shots.

he needs a good knock , once he has it , watch the class appear again.

top top player IMO.

Certainly up there with the Ponting's , sangarkara's and alike.

The mighty Grecian

according to Nasser KP has never been the same since losing the captaincy and I kinda agree with him and apparently there have been some technical flaws in his batting ever since returning from injury.

I wouldn't compare KP to Punter, don't think KP has the same temperament as Punter but still think he is a good player and despite the runout in the second innings of the first test he played very well

I think he will come good personally