• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hard Luck stories/the ones that got away!!

Jersey Tone

Folks,

What's the worst 'I came so close' story you've had with the bookies?

I've had a few this season already, particularly when West Ham screwed up a £1 accumulator worth £600+, despite being a goal up and playing 10 men.

This weekend has also been a sorry tale of woe. Not only did City and Chelsea missing penalties cost me a small return, but Spurs cost me a £50 double by missing an injury time penalty on Sunday.

And to top it all, a £5 double went west last night. I did Watford and Livingston, the latter won but Livingston's game was abandoned when they were 2-1 up.

Come on, cheer me up. Who else has suffered lately??

JT

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
as i mentioned on another thread, spurs inability to hang on denied me a £115 treble at the weekend ..

Rog H K

I had a £1 accumulator on 10 results in the 90's I picked out some silly results and had 9 out of the 10 correct. The one I had wrong was Man Utd at home to beat York City in the League Cup. York won 0-3 on the night and this cost me £485. :mad:

No such thing as a banker !

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was an East Fife Stenhousemuir draw away from the "2 right in every section thing" they do in Bill Hills.

A friend (Exeweb legend Scaramangas brother) of mine may years ago, won £2300 on a similar bet. Sadly, his dad didn't put the bet on as he didn't think he would win. It sort of served him right for not bothering to go himself. I believe his dad bought him a video recorder and gave him £200 as "compensation"

I did an eleven game accumulator when we lost at Charlton this season. I got 10/11 right. WBA lost to Palace. The week before WBA won 5-0 at Boro. It would have been £947+ because I was rounding down on every game.