• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E-mail notifications

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
For some reason I stopped receiving these ages back, for the most part I was glad because they just clogged my inbox. Now I've changed my address from my hotmail account to my Yahoo account I've started getting them again. I know Mr E is on wind down now :p, but can anyone give me an idea of why this was happening? Oh and they weren't going into Junk Mail either.

chrisnaan

It is possible that the exeweb IP address has made its way onto an IP Blacklist, i've checked on these four sites :

but can't find it listed, but I don't know what blacklists hotmail would use.

chrisnaan

Oh, and its common for email providers to reject email from blacklisted IP addresses.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
could be something like that. I'd imagine that at the time it disappeared I was spending a lot of time on here (college assignment or something) so got a lot of e-mails. The same thing happened to another VB forum I use :)

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
What were these emails notifying you of?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
That people had replied to threads what I'd written on. I didn't much care for them (the user Cp does the same thing) but just wondered why they had disappeared and now returned.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can turn them off in your user cp easily enough. Maybe you've changed it by accident? Or maybe your Hotmail inbox was full or they went to your junk folder.
Change your spam settings on Yahoo and that should sort it if you don;t want to turn them off on here.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I definately didn't change it and I don't have enough friends to fill an inbox :D I don't really mind either way, was just curious why they stopped working on Hotmail at some point.

MxToolBox

It is possible that the exeweb IP address has made its way onto an IP Blacklist, i've checked on these four sites :

• ##LINK REMOVED##
  • ##LINK REMOVED##
  • ##LINK REMOVED##
  • ##LINK REMOVED##

but can't find it listed, but I don't know what blacklists hotmail would use.

Thanks so much for recommending our tools! We are working hard on our Supertool so that is includes all DNS lookups and tips you could ever need! If you have any other tools additions, please let us know.

Thanks,
@MxToolBox

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
Hotmail/Live junks lots of mail. Every website I've ever worked on which has sent out legitimate email (receipts, registration confirmations etc) we've had to jump through hoops to make sure Hotmail users receive their emails. We've not done anything like that for exeweb though, that I'm aware of, so it probably sends exeweb's emails straight to the spam folders.

I don't use Hotmail, but presumably you can add exeweb's email address as a contact, or a trusted sender, or something like that to ensure the emails don't get junked?

Nice job you have there, Mr MxToolBox. Good luck finding football fans who are also into MX records management.