• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Khan v Salita

Tinballs

Congratulations to Amir Khan in retaining his WBA Light -Welterweight title with an awesome, 1st round demolition of unbeaten Dmitriy Salita. I expect to hear the usual 'he beat a nobody, wait till he meets Pacquiao' etc, blah blah, the truth is that Khan is the real deal, a true world boxing champion that Britain can/should be proud of.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched the 'fight' on Youtube this morning (although many videos get deleted quickly just search for Amir Khan and sort by date added, the most recent was fine for me) and it was a mad knockout. With pretty much his first punch Khan put Salita on his arse and the flurry that followed spelled the end. If anything the ref should possibly have ended it sooner than he did, mainly because Salita didn't look like he had any reply. Interesting to hear the commentator say that he throws 5 punches a second, that's got to be pretty scary to come up against and especially as he seems to have power behind them (that first knockdown proves it IMO)

Also interesting to see this morning was ITV4s Big FIght Review, there were some great fights in there including a couple of Carl Froch.