• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup 2010

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I assume the odds will change once the draw has been made, but England currently 3rd favourites at 7/1 with bet365. I've stuck a fiver on Spain at 11/2 and a cheeky fiver on Ghana at 67/1.

LL

Incontinentia

Current best odds at conventional bookies are:

9/2 JF Spain and Brazil
13/2 England
11 Argentina
12 Germany
14 Italy and Holland
18 France
20 Portugal
25 Ivory Coast
50 Chile
66 Serbia and Paraguay
80 Ghana
100 USA, Australia and Denmark
125 Cameroon and Mexico
150 South Africa, Nigeria, Greece, Uraguay and Switzerland
250 Slovakia and Japan
300 South Korea and Slovenia
500 Algeria and Honduras
2000 North Korea
2500 New Zealand

Will be interesting to see how they change after the draw. I think there's some value in outsiders as the favourites remain rather unconvincing for me, and you could always cash in some profits on a betting exchange if 100-1 shots advance to the knock out stages.

The Governor

The european teams have never won when the World Cup has been outside of Europe. That leaves either Brazil or Argentina. Argentina are not good enough so it has to be Brazil. Easy.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The european teams have never won when the World Cup has been outside of Europe. That leaves either Brazil or Argentina. Argentina are not good enough so it has to be Brazil. Easy.
true .. but no-one has ever played in Africa ... so lord knows what that will do to the equation ... we may even have our first african semi finalist ... or not ...

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to know the odds of Algeria and Nigeria popping a few surprises and making the Quarters....

OzzyIsErePafc

England will lose to Brazil in the final

Hope I am wrong but Engeerland are just not good enough to win the world cup,but not always the best team win,All teams need luck to win cups and we have a chance but player for player we are light years away from the top teams of Brazil and Spain.

Incontinentia

Am I right in thinking that, if Brazil, Spain and England win our respective groups, Spain meet Brazil in the semis and we meet neither until a potential final? If so, then that is potentially the best aspect of a very favourable draw for us. Yes, there are two significantly better teams than us, but we only need to beat one if we perform okay in the group.

Am I right in thinking that, if Brazil, Spain and England win our respective groups, Spain meet Brazil in the semis and we meet neither until a potential final? If so, then that is potentially the best aspect of a very favourable draw for us. Yes, there are two significantly better teams than us, but we only need to beat one if we perform okay in the group.
Sounds good for us,who could we play in the semies

The Governor

true .. but no-one has ever played in Africa ... so lord knows what that will do to the equation ... we may even have our first african semi finalist ... or not ...
There was not a World Cup in Asia before 2002 but the South Americans still won it.
There is likely to be a European team in the final but I do not think they will win it.