• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

And it's goodbye from me... anyone want an ECFC website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exeweb

Administrator
All,

After over a decade of running this site, I've decided that at the end of the season, I'll be hanging up my mouse. It's something that I've been thinking about for a while, but having discovered that I am going to become a dad next year has helped me make my mind up once and for all.

What does this mean for exeweb.com?

It is not my intention of letting years of work just vanish. Anyone who is interested in making an offer to take over the site should contact me by PM.

This site has always been run for the benefit of City fans and I would ask that anyone who is interested in the site bear in mind that what I am looking for is someone who will carry that on.

The site does cost money to run, but someone with more time than me could probably make it self-sustaining or even make a moderate profit. The site has cost me a great deal of money over the years and the domain names alone have a value.

I'd hope that offers take into account the value of the site, but my main concern is that the exeweb community is left in good hands. If a commercial entity were to come forward, I would expect a financial offer.

Whoever takes over the site will get all creative assets, the domains exeweb.com and exeweb.co.uk, the exemsg Twitter account and the forum with all historical content.

Other sites hosted by exeweb

I am working with the Trust, Ladies team and Junior Reds to sort out what will happen to their sites that are all currently hosted by me.

What happens if no-one wants to take over exeweb.com?

There has been interest in the past, so I am sure it won't come to that. If it does, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I've had some great times and met some great people whilst running the site over the last 12 or so years, but now I think the supporters of ECFC would be better served by having the site run by people with the dedication and enthusiasm I had when the site was in its heyday.

I believe exeweb should still have a massive part to play in the life of City fans. I have ideas about where the site should be going that I will happily discuss with anyone who might be interested, but I don't think I'm the man to deliver them. I have another project coming up (arriving conveniently to give me two weeks of paternity leave during the World Cup next year!) and I'm really excited about being a dad.

Don't be scared - the site isn't going anywhere and for the moment it's business as usual. But if you're interested in taking this on, then get in touch. And if not, spread the word that the site's on the market!

Thanks,

Steve

Jim Shepherd

Great news Steve.

Can you ensure my friend of exeweb status is maintained? :D

exeweb

Administrator
Can you ensure my friend of exeweb status is maintained?
I'll see what I can do!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sincere congratulations on becoming a dad in the near future Steve! [y]

As for the possible loss of exeweb. Every day for nigh on seven years now, its been an essencial part of my life! I dont know quite what to do or say. I'm sure when this news hits in a big way, there'll much wailing and renting of garments on here at the thought of losing a way of life for so many. :':)':)'(

I'm now exceedingly depressed.

southamptongrecian

sorry you are giving up Steve, this has been a great site for us exiles to keep in touch.

still I can understand that changing nappies will be much more fun.

LammieLammieLammie

Wow.

Didn;t expect to log on tonight and read that. Steve, we all have a lot to thank you for... i know that many fans think that if it wasn;t for exeweb, well, who knows.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I got 86p in my pocket...is that enough?

Fair do's to you. Having a child is the one thing that changes your life for the better.

Good luck Steve

Tada

Donna

Yikes, we might have to go out & get lives! ;) Enjoy your "retirement".

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations on your imminent fatherhood Steve, and thank you so much for looking after this site for so long. I think it's a change like this (and the threat that Exeweb may dissappear) that will make alot of us appreciate and realise how much Exeweb has become an big part of supporting City!

Antony Moxey

I'm confused. What has being a father got to do with running the site? Surely the missus will, rightly, be looking after Exeweb Jnr leaving you to carry on as you have done in the past.

Bizarre.

:S

Status
Not open for further replies.