• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Spoty

The mighty Grecian

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure I agree, although he did single handedly won the Ashes. I think the BBC SPOTY award could be close, but Ryan Giggs? Last year wasn't any different to every other year of his career. I would have like to have seen some of the true champions represented, such as Alastair Brownlee or Chrissie Wellington included in the list. Expect the International SPOTY to obviously go the wa...y of Usain Bolt, although Manny Pacquiao has had a phenomenal year.

Tom Daley will win the Young SPOTY.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
David Haye for me, just for his win against Valuev albeit on points.

Devines City Shirt

Jenson Button will probably win it, but I think Ross Brawn should be a contender as he was the brains behind the development of the car.

mammooman

just posted this on the same thread in the 'You Bet' forum...

The BBC absolutly love Grumpy Murray, wouldn't be surprised to see him get it, not that I agree one bit. I don't think Strauss will win, he's more likely to win 'Team of the Year' with the whole England Squad, same with Giggs with the Lifetime jobby. Button could win it, what with F1 back on the BBC. Haye is a possibility but he's only had one fight this year, maybe a future lifetime awardee?

Aslong as Daley doesn't win it i'll be happy.

TimG

I think and also want Button to get it, he did an outstanding job at the begining of the season and to come through as world champion and therefore IMO he should be SPOTY

Pobbop

Hope Strauss wins, if not Ennis, coz she's f*ckable. The rest of the list make's me shudder, to be fair. If Murray were to win, I'd be as grumpy and miserable-looking as the sweaty sock himself. Not a fan of motor sports and tend to think too many people from one small aspect of it (F1) seem to do well in this award. Giggs is mostly a bit-part player, and he wins things for the most hated team in the country, yay him.

The mighty Grecian

I know tactically Vaughan was a superb captain but when it comes to leading from the front there is none better than Andrew Strauss

take his innings away and England wouldn't be holding onto the precious little urn right now

I am going to vote for him anyway, Jensen Button for second place :)

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
In terms of individual excellence then Strauss, haye, cavendish, ennis and button have all been exceptional this year. Never really know abot giving it to an f1 driver, as though he delivered, he couldn't have done it without the car.

For me
Ennis
Strauss
Cavendish