• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A betting question

samwise

I had an accumulator on the football yesterday, £1 on the results of 8 games.

7 of them I got right, and in the other one, I had Argyle and Barnsley to draw. I saw the half time score and thought the bet had gone, but then obviously the glorious Devonshire rain played it's part and the game was abandoned.

But, what will happen with my bet? If they all came in it would have been £155, but will they consider that I've lost the bet because Argyle were getting battered, or will they just take them out of it and take their odds out of it (11-5), leaving me with about £70?

Dr Hook

You should get back £155 x 5/16 = roughly £50.

As Argyle game was abandoned the score at the time doesn't count.

samwise

Cheers mate, God bless the Devonshire rain!!

Jersey Tone

Cheers mate, God bless the Devonshire rain!!
Samwise,
I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this. I could be wrong but I think it depends on the bookie. I recently did an 8 team accumulator (£1 stake paying a £1,300 return!!) with William Hill. I got 6 out of 8, with one game - Peterhead vs Brechin - being postponed. I rang up to ask what would happen and was told that if that game was rearranged and played within 10 days it would still count as part of the bet. Otherwise it would be void and disregarded. In the event it didn't matter because West Ham bo****ed up the line the next day by drawing with Fulham (despite being one up and playing 10 men!!).

Also I backed Rangers recently with Bet365 but that was declared void because it was abandoned at half time. However there was a time when a result would count if the game had played at least 45 minutes (seem to remember it happening when City played Shrewsbury a few years back), but I think they boshed that when someone kept turning off the floodlights at Selhurst Park matches!!

Sorry for the long winded reply, please let me know how you get on.

Cheers, JT.

samwise

Fifty English pounds in my pocket!

The Argyle game was taken out of the bet so although my winnings got cut down by 1/3, they were 1-4 down at half time so I'm delighted with that.

I see the Devonshire rain as a very wonderful thing at the moment!

:)

Jersey Tone

Fifty English pounds in my pocket!

The Argyle game was taken out of the bet so although my winnings got cut down by 1/3, they were 1-4 down at half time so I'm delighted with that.

I see the Devonshire rain as a very wonderful thing at the moment!

:)
They've paid up then???? Excellent, good on ya. Which bookie was it??

samwise

They've paid up then???? Excellent, good on ya. Which bookie was it??

Yep they paid up no problem, the odds for Argyle just got taken out of the bet because there was no result. I had a look on their website, I think if the match is replayed by the end of the weekend then I'd have to take that result, but I guess that would only happend if the game was postponed before kick off or a morning game that could be played in the evening if the weather picked up.

Either way, it didn't happen so they paid up. It was Ladbrokes that I used, I do a £1 accumulator with them every weekend but forgot to put it on on Friday. I only managed to put it on yesterday because on the way to Milton Keynes yesterday we stopped in a service station that had a Ladbrokes. A stroke of luck! It made the day just a tiny bit less horrible!