• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Milton Keynes local information

Thames Valley Red

I know I mentioned the cheap fuel and flat pack offerings next the ground. But for those new to the area the ground is a fair poke from Central MK station and a shared taxi is the best option or a bus to Bletchley. The pubs near the station include the usual suspects and are directly up the hill to the left from CMK main station. Best return back to station for taxi to the ground.

As for the ground...think Riverside stadium and be prepared that is in the middle of an Asda Hypermarket complex and Ikea. If you arrive early they both have restaurants and the ground parking is adjacent to the stores. Be careful as they get funny in the store car parks with football cars. Bletchley itself is very uninspiring and I suspect the ground food will be most people's best option.

They have slashed the prices for this game and they will get between 7,000- 14,000 for their matches. Where the fan base has come from I have no idea. There is plenty of space for away fans. I suspect around an 8,000 crowd.

If you are arriving via the Buckingham area takes the signposts for Southern Milton Keynes when you get the choice on the final roundabout for Buckingham. You will then eventually get on a dual carriageway with some warehouses and signs of the Milton Keynes conurbation. after 4./5 roundabouts of going straight on you will see some overhead speed cameras (be careful), at the next roundabout turn right (don't go over the big bridge you have gone too far!) and go past the tile centres and under a big railway bridge. After 0.5 mile the ground appears on your left.

If you are arriving from the North exit via junction 14 and turn right on the motorway roundabout. At the next roundabout head in (2'clock direction) on the roundabout possibly signposted the Hockey Stadium. You will see a car franchise immediately on your left to know you have taken the right road. After 8/10 roundabouts you will see the Hockey Stadium and you need turn left before it keeping it on your right. After 3/4 roundabouts you will have passed the station (on your right)/retail park(on Right)/mosque(On Left), you will eventually pass a Shell garage on your left. At the next roundabout turn right signposted to Buckingham go over bridge and next roundabout turn left. Then go under railway bridge above etc and the ground appears.

Arriving from South exit M1 at Junction 13 and follow signs to Milton Keynes. You will pass lots of roundabouts and then a retail park with Tesco appears on right as a landmark. Keep going straight on and follows signs for hospital. Keep the Hospital on your right and keep going straight over the next 3/4 roundabouts until you go over a massive bridge with the A5. If you see the overhead speed cameras turn back and follow Buckingham above directions. Then turn left and follow directions under railway bridge above.

If you see any signposts for Ikea just follow them!! (My missus says the exist I am not too sure!)

If you are flying in then Luton airport is the best option..............i'll get my coat. The main bus station is miles away and this option is best avoided.

UTC

TVR

Last edited:

nick_exmouth

Quote - after 4./5 roundabouts of going straight on you will see some overhead speed cameras (be careful)

Don't worry Al - those cameras are only on the other side of the dual carriageway and are still not 'live' - council can't afford to turn them on!

Checked out the stadium over the weekend and can not see a 'social club'. They have built a new Hilton hotel which is integrated into the stadium, which has the 'Red Dot' bar attached but it is small and not sure if it would be welcoming to footie fans.

I suggest the Caldicotte Arms, next to the Premier Inn at Caldicotte Lake, which is a 15 minute walk or The Enigma Tavern, just down from Tesco towards the Rail Station - again a 10-15 minute walk. Bletchley is a bit of a dump so better still, drink in MK and get a cab as Al says, will be about £5-6 to Bletchley. Personally, I think Skyline is the best in the city - 01908 222111

Just to note, the away ticket office accepts cash only.

Nick

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to note, the away ticket office accepts cash only.
'kinell - have they had their card machines re-possessed ALREADY - (shades of ECFC around 02-03 here :$ )

Oh, and great write ups here chaps but you forgot the most important tip though...
....DON'T FORGET THE SUGARLUMPS TO FEED THE CONCRETE POLICE CATTLE!

Last edited:

Red Devon

Arriving from South exit M1 at Junction 13 and follow signs to Milton Keynes. You will pass lots of roundabouts and then a retail park with Tesco appears on right as a landmark. Keep going straight on and follows signs for hospital. Keep the Hospital on your right and keep going straight over the next 3/4 roundabouts until you go over a massive bridge with the A5. If you see the overhead speed cameras turn back and follow Buckingham above directions. Then turn left and follow directions under railway bridge

TVR
Follow signs for hospital..lol - that shouldn't be to difficult for me.

Thanks for the info AL as I will be driving to this one!

older-codger

According to their club site, the No 7 bus runs from the Central Station to the Stadium at 20 minutes intervals with a journey time of 11mins.

King Kevin

Yes Thames Valley Red is not as clued up as he pretends to be.

Pubs in Bletchley or Fenny are good on a matchday, so if you fancy a 20 minute walk then it's worth it.

Or listen to TVR........

Thames Valley Red

I only lived their for 5 years and within the vicinity for over 10 years. The pubs are in poor supply and quality near the ground.

King Kev where do you live, I used to in live in Willen, Walnut Tree and Furzton?

UTC

TVR

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pubs in Bletchley or Fenny are good on a matchday, so if you fancy a 20 minute walk then it's worth it.
Am off to Funny Stratford for a pint before the game.

Red Nose

Went to Bletchley prior to the game - what a dump and the Enigma Tavern was full of chavs.

crocks

Well we set off early with the intention of doing some shopping in the MK centre and in particular John Lewis. All was going well, following the blue signs for the centre but then they stopped. Eventually had to stop just off another faceless dual carriageway and used the I-phone to find out where the hell we were.

Eventually found the centre and then came the little problem of trying to find somewhere to park. At 10am, there were no spaces, just loads of cars trawling around all of the flat car parks (not a multi storey in sight) trying to get a place. In the end, we just waited in an aisle for someone to leave. Eventually, at 11am, we got a parking spot.

The centre itself was nowt special (all the usual shops) but no independents. And, as it is all on one level, you could walk for miles from one side to the other. Suffice to say, I dont think I would ever go back there.

Last edited: