• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caster Semenya

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Guardian (not a paper I often read) is still the only paper to actually produce a relatively interesting article on this subject since the 800m final in Berlin.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/nov/14/caster-semenya-donald-mcrae-training-camp

Only a shame that none of the press have atempted to look at the scientific facts behind the history of Hermaphroditism in Athletics.

As previously posted by newburygrecian:

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/09/semenya-and-hermaphroditism.html

Lets hope that the cynics on Exeweb can behave and keep the debate clean for the rest of us.

Last edited:

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting to note that the results of the IAAF tests will be revealed next Friday (20th November).

Red the Paper

Banned
It is still a nay from me

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Guardian (not a paper I often read) is still the only paper to actually produce a relatively interesting article on this subject since the 800m final in Berlin.
'Interesting' being a moot point....

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
So again it was only the Guardian picking up on the story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/nov/20/caster-semenya-iaaf-gender-testing

The IAAF spokesman Nick Davies said the parties were "almost there" in concluding complex negotiations. "It is premature to discuss the contents of what [the South African government] said until we're ready to say, yes, that we totally agree with it," Davies said. "This is being handled carefully at one level politically but also in the medical-scientific realm. We are working flat-out quietly behind the scenes to resolve it. Fingers crossed, we will be able to get there very quickly."

So still nothing to report...

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's a man, he knows it, the Saffers know it, anybody with eyes knows it, you only had to watch him strolling away from a field of women to know it, allowing him into the event was a travesty for all those girls who lost their chance the moment he was.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
About bloody time I say...

I expect she will win the World Juniors at a canter, without too much effort, even given the lack of competition.

Ian Sideman

It's all b*ll*cks anyway.

Alright Caster, sugar, babe? xx

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's all b*ll*cks anyway.
Or not, by the looks! :p