• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester 14th November

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
My easiest game of the season, clap!

Tip for anyone coming up by car- M25 North is a nightmare at the moment- go through the tunnel!

sortitoutfoxy

Got me train tickets booked, making a weekend of it, can't wait.

Gutted that I missed the old ground, we'll have to settle for the flat pack all seater version they've since built...

"Can you sit down please?... or I'll have to get a policeman... blah blah blah"

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard from a Brighton-supporting colleague at work that the new ground is in the middle of nowhere, down a dead end series of roundabouts. No pubs anywhere near and parking is very strange too with quite a lot of restrictions despite the wasteland of surroundings. Anyone been?

As much as Layer Rd was a dump, at least it was a fairly central dump.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's no clap from me again (Sarfender!), I somehow don't think I would be forgiven for missing my little 'un's 2nd Birthday for Footy!

With the way the FA Cup draw has worked out, it's deffo now Brizzle Rovers on Dec 1 next up for me.

Donna

I've heard from a Brighton-supporting colleague at work that the new ground is in the middle of nowhere, down a dead end series of roundabouts. No pubs anywhere near and parking is very strange too with quite a lot of restrictions despite the wasteland of surroundings. Anyone been?

As much as Layer Rd was a dump, at least it was a fairly central dump.
Confirmed by the Colchester fans we talked to travelling back from the Walsall game. They advised coming by train then getting the shuttle bus to the ground as they reckon it's badly sign posted!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
sadly no clap for me unless I get especially unlucky in KL/Singapore ...

Here to lower the tone ..

CITY CASUAL

No clap here [n]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Was planning on doing Colchester and skip Stockport on the basis that Colchester would be cheaper and quicker. But too my surprise there isn't lot in it. Decisions, decisions.

denzel

Confirmed by the Colchester fans we talked to travelling back from the Walsall game. They advised coming by train then getting the shuttle bus to the ground as they reckon it's badly sign posted!
Turn left out the station and straight up the Mile End Road! Probably easiest to get a cab from the station though, about £4. The shuttle buses are just outside the station next to the Big Yellow Warehouse if you want to get on that. Would be a shame if you didn't go into Colchester beforehand though, some decent pubs if you know where to look. I may be in the Kings Arms on Crouch Street.

I believe there was supposed to be a new junction on the A12 built as part of the new stadium, it never materialised.

Grecian Max

Going to this one, staying the night at a mate's house. Lived with him for 4 years but we were never in the same league (we were Conference and they were Championship when we met!), so looking forward to this.