• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to Ian Holloway

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
for propelling under dogs Blackpool to the CCC play offs, at the expense of some carp team in Cornwall I believe.

You get the feeling that Ollie would have been ******* himself at the final whistle (as we were) after extracting revenge on Plymo*th after the disgraceful way fans treated him and his family after he (rightly) left the club.

I bet Blackpool fans are hoping he can "write his own contact".

Can you hear the Plymo*th fans now? :D

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bang on the money as usual Doc.

Last edited:

STURTZ

He who laughs last laughs longest porkie!

IJN

I've always laughed at your team Squirtzy, and I always will.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always laughed at your team Squirtzy.
Just think, you'll be able to do it in person nest season.

IJN

I'm not sure what the nest season has to do with anything but I'll take your word for it. ;)

I think we will be coming down for a rest, but I also truly believe (as do most of you if you're honest) that you haven't got what it takes to stay up.

Huddersfield and Walsall were two very beatable teams (just look at their recent home stats) and yet you got mullered by both of them.

Writings on the wall for both PAFC and ECFC, we'll now see (and have already seen by some of the Greens on here) who the real fans are.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure what the nest season has to do with anything but I'll take your word for it. ;)

I think we will be coming down for a rest, but I also truly believe (as do most of you if you're honest) that you haven't got what it takes to stay up.

Huddersfield and Walsall were two very beatable teams (just look at their recent home stats) and yet you got mullered by both of them.

Writings on the wall for both PAFC and ECFC, we'll now see (and have already seen by some of the Greens on here) who the real fans are.
Small typo error m'lad, thought you might have been gracious enough to overlook it. As for City, I'm more than confident they'll turn things around, mid table position, take my word for it.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thrown the towel in in October?:-O

We'll stay up - just, as there are worse teams below and around us, as we've shown by beating them comfortably at home.

It is all a bit 'Back To The Future' though; struggling for survival in Div 3, with Argyle soon to join us and the Turks in the bottom 3 in Div 4, it's all a bit 80's.

Last edited:

On_The_Beach

Thrown the towel in in October?:-O

We'll stay up - just, as there are worse teams below and around us, as we've shown by beating them comfortably at home.
Like Southampton you mean? and Tranmere and Wycombe are starting to look like they'll get their act together...

if I was a City fan I'd be wondering whether there were plans to sign any decent players to give ourselves a fighting chance, rather than arrogantly assuming that we were Too Good To Go Down

IJN

I agree with OTB.

Also, you need more than the Trust to dig you out when the hole appears.

I don't think your a dead cert, but it could easily turn sour for you.

Take away Southampton and look where you are.