• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

One for the Greens and Yellows...........Enjoy <snigger>

Southampton Gull

I have some sympathy with Phil's OP BUT I do get concerned when I read statements like Rob Edwards's in today's E & E;

"We were hoping to try to hold out for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half and then make some changes from the bench"

FFS, we are 2-0 down at half time and it's tactics to wait until there's only 30minutes or so left to turn things around??

I have felt for some time that Tis has a plan, especially away from home, to try to get try to hold out at 0-0 for an hour and then bring on the cavalry and try to sneak a goal. Unfortunately that puts too much pressure on our defence, which simply isn't strong enough to hold out that long. The fact that we had ZERO shots on goal on Saturday to Huddersfield's ELEVEN amplifies the problem.

This has been the pattern all season and it telegraphs our strategy to the opposition. We have become way too predictable which, for a Tisdale managed team, really surprises me.

We are trying to be TOO defensive. End of.

Disect that one lads :D

Master tactician Tiswas at his best, 2 nil down and lets keep it tight for 15 minutes pmsl.

Buckle 2 nil down and it's lets get at them lads. RESULTS are there for all to see :D

11 shots against, NONE for? What happened to your beautiful flowing football?

Only City fans would dare to criticise a manager who took them up 2 seasons running. The rest of us realise he's a dumbass and it's really Perryman c0cking it up :D

Last edited:

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Buckle 2 nil down and it's lets get at them lads. RESULTS are there for all to see :D
I remember once over two legs, I think we were 1-2 down after the first leg and then conceded first in the second leg meaning we were 2 goals down.

I for one recall that we ended up going for it and winning that tie.

journeyman

RESULTS are there for all to see :D
Bottom 2 *cough cough*

Southampton Gull

Bottom 2 *cough cough*
Isn't it you Greeks who always call it a marathon, not a sprint?

We'll be coming up on the rails in plenty of time ;)

I remember once over two legs, I think we were 1-2 down after the first leg and then conceded first in the second leg meaning we were 2 goals down.

I for one recall that we ended up going for it and winning that tie.
Still living in the past eh Oli? Bucks was a novice with a hastily put-together side. Your lot were how far into your 10 year plan?

Good biting though chaps :D

Oli

Still living in the past eh Oli? Bucks was a novice with a hastily put-together side. Your lot were how far into your 10 year plan?
All results are in the past.

I think it was 2 years into the 5 year plan, it was called V10 since 2010 was the end date.

In all seriousness I am amazed by the start you have had, I fully expected to see all Devon clubs in L1 next season.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disect that one lads :D

Master tactician Tiswas at his best, 2 nil down and lets keep it tight for 15 minutes pmsl.

11 shots against, NONE for? What happened to your beautiful flowing football?

Only City fans would dare to criticise a manager who took them up 2 seasons running. The rest of us realise he's a dumbass and it's really Perryman c0cking it up :D
So lets trawl through Pash*ti and dull.net in search of disgruntled supporters who point at Tisdale as a manager who has achieved wonders on a minimal budget:

Results 1 - 10 of about 84,900,000 for Lets replace Luggy/Buckle with Tisdale . (0.06 seconds)

....we all know you're only back on here getting all excited because your next match looks winnable

You will win, won't you?;)

Southampton Gull

All results are in the past.

I think it was 2 years into the 5 year plan, it was called V10 since 2010 was the end date.

In all seriousness I am amazed by the start you have had, I fully expected to see all Devon clubs in L1 next season.
I didn't expect any of us to be League one next year, and still don't to be honest.

As for our position, it's surprised me a little but then we have played something like 10 of the top 12. We'll climb the table sooner or later, i'm not concerned by it in the slightest.

As for you Globule, this is a thread about football not crowd numbers so not really your thing, run along, there's a good lad ;)

Oli

As for our position, it's surprised me a little but then we have played something like 10 of the top 12. We'll climb the table sooner or later, i'm not concerned by it in the slightest.
Are they in this position because they played you? ;)

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't expect any of us to be League one next year, and still don't to be honest.

As for you Globule, this is a thread about football not crowd numbers so not really your thing, run along, there's a good lad ;)
We've played 7 of the top 12, mostly away from home, so that's a pretty poor argument.

PS we were one of those top 10 teams last year;)

On_The_Beach

Unbelievable that he should be criticised really. With the squad the grecians have, L1 survival should be a miraculous achievement.

Going back to the conference days (all those years ago) at the time the only two players I would have fancied in our team were Gill and Moxey, yet that same team is in league one without those two and may even survive, even with past-its filling in the gaps left by the decent players being sold off.