• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ellis

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ellis is actually developing into a better player than Seaborne.

I four (nil) think that maybe Seaborne's stock has suddenly plumbeted......don't you think ? Talk about over rated in a lucky team ?

Whereas I thought Ellis's 2nd half display last night was the rock that the Gulls fight-back was built on.

Yes, a really great team effort from Buckle and the lads and the couple of hundred travelling support was the pride of Devon. Proud to be a Gull.

izzer buddy

Thought Ellis came good after he scored the goal. First 30 not so good. Positioning chasing etc. Looked on the backfoot of a good Notts side. Looks like he is a confidence player and as the game progressed so did he, putting in a fine display. Looks a threat in the air and at set pieces. Having gone to Bolton and then back to Torquay and then out on loan. He looks like he is keeping the likes of Todd out of the team now or is Todd injured ?

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
County were too hot to handle in the 1st half hour.

But, teamwork and hardwork not only got the Gulls back into it. We frustrated them and ended up out playing them. Tyrone Thompson is another one for the future in my opinion. He was taking the pish in the end.

By the way. I was at the game, and I know what i'm talking about, as ever.

Last edited:

izzer buddy

County were too hot to handle in the 1st half hour.

But, teamwork and hardwork not only got the Gulls back into it. We frustrated them and ended up out playing them. Tyrone Thompson is another one for the future in my opinion. He was taking the pish in the end.

By the way. I was at the game, and I know what i'm talking about, as ever.
Was Todd injured ? Where is Carlisle ? Just interesed as liked both these players when they played for city

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Both were on the bench.

jmgull

Ellis has turned in MOM performances in the last 4 or 5 games since he got back in the side after a long time out of it.

He is very agressive in the air in both boxes and has reasonable pace for a CH, he is comfortably keeping Todd (and Charnock) out of the side.

I think sending him on loan to FGR could be the making of him it certainly seems to be a wake up call, he now realises he has to take his chance in the side or face drifting out of the pro game altogether.

If he can cut out the odd error he could still play at a much higher level.....has loads of potential.

argyle-ive

Fascinating...

in a lower league offal sort of way

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO Wayne Carlise is one of the Gulls best players. He was particulary good at Wembley where the Gulls were successful in re-gaining their league status in just two (!!! YES TWO !!!) years.

In time I want to see both Carlisle and Thompson in the same line-up. A line up that will easily attain mid-table by the end of this season, and maybe even challenge for the play-offs. The current position of 2nd from bottom is, be assured my excretian friends, a tempory situation.