• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is This True?

hienzeECFC

I heard from a Plymouth supporter that the only reason Sturrock has'nt been sacked is because his parkinsons disease would cause the compensation payment for sacking him be more than Argyle could afford.

Is this true?

The World Cup Hosts ladies and gentlemen......^o)

Red the Paper

Banned
I heard from a Plymouth supporter that the only reason Sturrock has'nt been sacked is because his parkinsons disease would cause the compensation payment for sacking him be more than Argyle could afford.

Is this true?

The World Cup Hosts ladies and gentlemen......^o)
May be some element of truth here but they won't admit it.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I often wonder how this whole compensation thing for footy managers works. If I was as bad at my job as Sturrock is at his I would be sacked with no question of any 'compensation', unless it was payment in lieu of a constructive dismissal claim I suppose.

argyle-ive

Conjecture or facts? I don't know, all I know is that he definitely has a 15 match review as he was advised before the start of the season.
Depending on the results he could well be gone.
I also think his contract only runs til end of this season so I doubt it would be a lot, but maybe one of you lot obsessed with all things Green on here can tell me if I'm wrong about that.

Coaching staff are in more peril than Sturrock
Paul Mariner will be assistant manager before the next game, I hear.

and, yes....fascinating! ;)