• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not a good time to crash

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not so bad for me, as had radio commentary. But some were relying on Exeweb for up date news on the pens.

Any thoughts Admin team?

older-codger

I had no problem on GW - only the fact that they don't appear able to go off-air when the game has finished

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exeweb disappeared for the whole of the pens - I think we got Logan's pen and that was it.

older-codger

sorry I thought you meant GW. I thought everyone so engrossed in the pens that they weren't posting

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I got stuck on refresh then couldn't get back on. Think it was the weight of all the fishing puns HMS Exeweb hauled in...

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not so bad for me, as had radio commentary. But some were relying on Exeweb for up date news on the pens.

Any thoughts Admin team?
If you'd like to explain fully what happened, then I'm sure Steve will look into it at some point.
I was at the game so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you'd like to explain fully what happened, then I'm sure Steve will look into it at some point.
I was at the game so I have no idea what you're talking about.
I wasn't having a go. I thought it might be useful for the admin team to know that we had problems (probably too many people hitting refresh). Been a long time, but there again I've not been on this end of a match thread too often in the last 7 months. Might be a good opportunity to speak to the service provider, perhaps get a rebate! Fairly obvious when it happened as the thread goes quiet from Logan's pen to the final score.

exeweb

Administrator
I wasn't having a go. I thought it might be useful for the admin team to know that we had problems (probably too many people hitting refresh).
I suspect that was exactly it! With so few people actually bothering to get to the game, I dare say people were sat at home following on exeweb!

I'm not having a go either. I wasn't there!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't matter to me, my commentary was so far behind that I stopped updating to avoid knowing what happened :D

grecianfaniow

surely x amount of people hitting refresh say 1000 is not enough to slow down a server surely? im no expert on servers but id hope if i had one, itll do a lot better than exewebs did the other night