• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Intelligent Janner on Pasoti?

glos_grecian

mark199 said:
There was no fiddling with the figures today there were gaps everywhere and it would make absolutely no sense at all anyway as the intention of giving away free tickets was to attract a big crowd to show the FA and the people of this country that Plymouth and Devon as whole is not just some sleepy backwater that couldn't give a stuff about football - sadly today's attendance will have just confirmed the opposite.

I didn't and don't like Dan McCauley but when he used to mock our level of support and claim per head of population that Exeter were probably better supported he was spot on. When he first took over it was clear he really meant business but he soon cottoned on to the fact that the support required to really go places just isn't here and he more or less just pulled the plug on the whole thing and to be honest i'm not sure I blame him.

The cynics who cry same old Argyle will no doubt blame the club when we probably get relegated in the near future but for me the turning point came when under Holloway we were riding high with the most expensive team in our history and the fans not only didn't increase in numbers they actually sharply declined. That sent out a clear message to the then board that the people of Plymouth really weren't that interested and unless we wanted to get in to serious financial difficulties going down the big transfer and wages route was simply not viable for a club with such fair weather support.

It hurts me to say it but Argyle belongs in the 3rd tier of English football as thing's stand and unless the apathetic Janners actually discover some passion for their club and their city that will probably always be the case.
I like this guy - link

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair there's little banter mileage here.

All the Greenies on here acknowledge the fairweather, apathetic and disinterested Janner sloth. :D

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to be careful 'bantering' on matters of attendance anyway, if we continue to battle it out near the bottom (as I suspect we will) our crowds will soon fall back down to much nearer the 3k mark.

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
You mean the disappearance of the excretian Plastics, which currently make-up most of the 'big' (tee hee) bank, will stop the insesant excretian attendance fetish freakery ? Wonders will never cease !

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Let you out of school early today BTI; or have you been suspended again?

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm on vacation dear boy. It's been a very enjoyable long weekend, other than saturday afternoon.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let you out of school early today BTI; or have you been suspended again?
I didn't think the children of travellers attended school.

Grecian Max

I think we need to be careful 'bantering' on matters of attendance anyway, if we continue to battle it out near the bottom (as I suspect we will) our crowds will soon fall back down to much nearer the 3k mark.
I don't agree with this. So far they've held up, despite only Norwich being the only 'big' club coming down.

Plus we'll be mid-table. Average gate will be 5,000+.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't agree with this. So far they've held up, despite only Norwich being the only 'big' club coming down.

I said 'if' we continue near the bottom then attendances will drop. We've only had a handful of home games anyway, of which at least 3 (Yeovil, Norwich and MK Dons) would expect a swelled crowd anyway.

When the weather turns and the results aren't going our way I really can't see why we should expect bigger crowds than during last season (or even the season before) when the team were winning on a fairly regular basis and playing well.

Here to be proved wrong but I just have a feeling that there are a fair number of ficklers out there.

Stuart Storer's Tache

I agree. I don't see our crowds dipping too much this season irrespective of the league position, even if we were to lose 7 on the spin.