• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

what's the most you've ever won

thought i'd get this started then. so what's the most you've ever won in a single bet?
when i started i thought massive accumulators and their ridiculous odds were too good to resist but never won obviously

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
£750ish from £5ew on mon mome to win this years national @ 100/1. Lovely jubbly.

elvis the pig

£2200 from a £200 flutter at 10-1 on a greyhound at Catford in 1988. (It was a seriously hot tip!)

Red the Paper

Banned
£1000 2 years ago when I put £5000 on Man Utd to win the leage at 1/5 on when they had 10 games left. Will never do it again. It went down to the last game. I also won £380 on number 23 on roulette

CC

£275 about a dozen years ago when I correctly predicted 3 of 4 division winners in a Yankee at the beginning of the season. Never cheered a Man U victory so much!

$600 in a online poker tournament. Plus 2 x $200 doing the same thing.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Red Marauder, Grand National a few years back at 33-1. I had £1 e/w. My missus did better than that betting the same amount on Mon Mome in this year's race. 66-1 IIRC.

Have won around £70 for a quid on a football accumulator, but wouldn't recommend them.

Giant Midget

Have won around £70 for a quid on a football accumulator, but wouldn't recommend them.
I have had the odd flutter on an accumulator (no more than five), once winning £172 from a £1 bet whilst on holiday. They only serve to make Saturday football more interesting if City haven't got a game due to an early cup exit.

angelic upstart

I'm with GM, a cheeky quid on a 5 game accumulator makes things more fun. I reckon I've spent about £300 over the years at the rate of a quid a Saturday. I have won 3 times, so 1 in a 100. That said I've always won over £100.

Exeweb legend Scaramanga, once bet a quid on a treble involving England to beat San Marino, Holland to beat some rubbish team and Spain to beat Andorra (or such like) in those days he paid 10p in the pound tax. His winnings....a total of £1.12p. I still mock him for it now.

Gozzer

I have had the odd flutter on an accumulator (no more than five), once winning £172 from a £1 bet whilst on holiday. They only serve to make Saturday football more interesting if City haven't got a game due to an early cup exit.
For entertainment, sure, but not if you are trying to give yourself some chance of winning. I got to within one result once of turning my quid into £165 on about a dozen bankers. That was a late kick off and I had already spent the winnings in my head. Then there was an equaliser in injury time.

I'm still bitter.

Scaramanga. What a legend. Still, a win is a win is a win. Its always good to take something off the bookies, even 1.12p.