• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations:

Giant Midget

To Heather Watson on winning the Junior Girls title at the US Open. Another British success that the BBC fail to report on. It is a shame that she has had to spend 5 years in the US in order to develop her game to a standard where she can compete on an international stage, surely it is about time the LTA up their game.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Giant Midget

Then they should make it easier to find :$

P.S. I only look at stories with pictures.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Then they should make it easier to find :$

P.S. I only look at stories with pictures.
It was hard to find! I thought the only one was from the LTA. Its good for British tennis so I hope that the TV has covered it.

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
She has been coached in America, which tells its own story. Well done Heather...a winner.

Giant Midget

She has been coached in America, which tells its own story.
It is representative of the poor state that British sport is in. What amazes me is how the government can throw billions (last reported at in excess of £9.3 billion) at hosting the Olympics, yet it cannot afford to pump an adequate amount of money into producing home grown talent. So due to the lure of competing in 2012 we can expect Athletes to raise their game and challenge for medals, but what are the government going to do in order build upon this expected success? Sweet f*ck all no doubt, as our 5 mins of fame will warrant Lord Seb Coe et al to think that they have put British sport back on the World map.