• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Parking at Charlton

Bathgrecian

Hi,

I am staying in London for the weekend of the Charlton game but really don't want to drive all the way in and park at the hotel.

Has anyone got any top tips on where to park the car on the outskirts of London for 36 hours with good public transport links that isn't Heathrow?

Cheers

Ian

Red the Paper

Banned
Re: Charlton

I often park in sidestreets around Chiswick if I go to West Ham or Chelsea. Car is normally safe there and tube plus mainline rail is close by

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster

Park it in Bath, then get the train

Bathgrecian

Hi Thanks for the replies.

Is Chiswick within the congestion zone?

Ian

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

I often park in sidestreets around Chiswick if I go to West Ham or Chelsea. Car is normally safe there and tube plus mainline rail is close by
Mostly residents only these days.

A couple of stops further out from Chiswick, Isleworth still has *some* parking that isn't residents only. Plus you can sample the delights of the Red Lion near the station before getting the train...

EDIT: To answer the next question, no, Chiswick is fortunately some way out of the CC zone!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

You're welcome to stick it on my drive in Aldershot, but guess that is too far out? About 10 minutes from Aldershot railway station.

Red the Paper

Banned

Mostly residents only these days.

A couple of stops further out from Chiswick, Isleworth still has *some* parking that isn't residents only. Plus you can sample the delights of the Red Lion near the station before getting the train...

EDIT: To answer the next question, no, Chiswick is fortunately some way out of the CC zone!
Jason, off thread a little. Do you know what Esher or Kingston Upon Thames are like for a night out?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Esher is very gentrified, so not much going on.

Kingston is OK if you like slappers and the threat of being stabbed.

I prefer Richmond myself. Slappers there too but they seem to be of a slightly better hue.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster

Is Chiswick within the congestion zone?
Doesn't apply at weekends does it?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

No it doesn't.