• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Australia ODI

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the great day at the Oval last weekend, it all starts again tomorrow with a T20, at 2pm.
And another T20 Tuesday which are both at Old Trafford.
Then seven ODI's
I am i wrong but didnt they used to have the ODI's at the begining of the summer?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant remember if they were at the start,but maybe its something to do with the emergence of the 20/20 game.Its very popular with the public & still will be even though the Ashes have finished.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
7odis. Ridiculous. Really can't get passionate about one dayers after a test series like the one this summer.

Darren Moxey

Resigned
I though it was better in '05 series, when all the 20/20s and ODIs were played before the test series.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I though it was better in '05 series, when all the 20/20s and ODIs were played before the test series.
Thats what i was thinking

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was looking forward to the T20 this afternoon :(
Cant belive i was glad to see rain :(
Poor show :(

The mighty Grecian

They used to have a tri-series too but now its just a a series between two teams

don't care about the T20 series or the onedayers the aussies can have them :D

Champions trophy on the other hand....

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought it was funny yesterday when the England fans sang "wheres the ashes gone, wheres the ashes gone........."

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, always used to be the ODIs first before the Tests - I thought that tended to work best but with a hectic enough International schedule meaning the Tests begin somewhere in about February, tacking the ODIs on at the end ensures there is less chance of the Tests being too badly affected by late season weather.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I was glad to see the Ashes wrapped up without going into September. I am really not bothered about a few ODIs beinbg lost to the weather. Much more important that England weren't looking for a win at the Oval and then missing out because of some Autumn rain.