• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient

Mark Cordell

Just a suggestion, having lived in the Leyton area for the previous year i would like to propose we all visit the Birbeck as a pub to visit before the game. It is spacious and reasonably priced making it ideal for the visit. Best of all it is only a ten minute walk from the station.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK315&q=birbeck, leyton&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

...Almost forgot.

**Clap Clap**

Mark Cordell

Sorry for the double post, i left it too late to edit the previous one.

To all those travelling up it is quicker to get too Leyton from paddington from Lancaster Gate, this station is only ten minutes walk from Paddington.

That is of course pending any disruptions on the lines through planned engineering work.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately the lines from Paddington (Bakerloo and Central) have no planned engineering work.

The Birkbeck Tavern (assume this is the one you mean) appears to be the Pub of choice for the Exiles - quite an emotional "return" as it was apparently in this Pub that the Exiles were formed.

BOS

Dammit!

This was supposed to be an easy 12-minute trip for me on the Overground (Harringay Green Lanes to Leyton Midland Road), but the line is closed every Saturday in September for "planned engineering works". And don't get me started on "rail replacement bus services"! :mad:

Still going, though! Clap!

BOS, looking at East London bus routes...

finetime

First game of the season for me.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

:D

Hunterwasmyhero

Anyone give me the route from Waterloo?

Jim Shepherd

Anyone give me the route from Waterloo?
Jubilee line to Stratford. Change to Central line eastbound for 1 stop to Leyton
The Jubilee is planned to be open that weekend

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
***Clap Clap!***

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jubilee line to Stratford. Change to Central line eastbound for 1 stop to Leyton
Will that be the first weekend since about 2005?

Great news for me in any case!

Hunterwasmyhero

Thanks Jim