• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Tancock ...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Liam ... joint 4th in the World champs ...

a new PB as well .. best we can hope for ...

Hopefully we will have a grecian medallist in 2012 ...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He broke the world record in the 50m backstroke semi final too. Geddon bauy.

rich13

World champion, well done Liam

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
well done liam - a real shame that the 50m is not an olympic event... will have to win the 100m instead !!

shakey18

Get In Liam!!! World Champion and 2 World Records in a couple of days, Brilliant!!.Let's see what coverage he gets in local media though.....

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shakey, I know you ain't a fan but Liam's on the front of today's Echo and there's a double-page spread on him tomorrow.

Incidentally, I knew Liam was a City fan, and may just have missed this, but was it widely known he's Deano's cousin?!

In anycase, good work fellah! ;-)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Egg, nice one. There's far too much bad news about these days so nice to see local sporting achievement acknowledged.

Might I even be so bold as to suggest that front page plus double spread isn't enough though? City enjoy reams of copy throughout the season plus bumper pullouts at the end (especially when there's success to celebrate), so perhaps Liam deserves more coverage in the local media? I mean, it's not everyday we call a double world record holder and world champion one of our own, and dare I even say his achievements outshine City's double promotion?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
If that l'il "Tim Sills Act-alike" down in Scumland merits an open-top bus parade sure OUR Liam deserves one.

Sort it aht ExeterCityCouncilForp...(although, knowing them, they'd probaby schedule it for next Saturday afternoon ;) )

exeips

If that l'il "Tim Sills Act-alike" down in Scumland merits an open-top bus parade sure OUR Liam deserves one.

Sort it aht ExeterCityCouncilForp...(although, knowing them, they'd probaby schedule it for next Saturday afternoon ;) )
I heard on spotlight it's going to be on a Wednesday but can't remember which one!