• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How to read a Press Release

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it appears that the Middx coach, Toby Radford, has left. Below is the Press Release, with my translations:

MIDDLESEX CCC today announced that First team coach Toby Radford had left the club because his role had altered under a restructuring.

"Middlesex CCC have announced that Toby Radford has left the club because the team is bl**dy awful.

Chief Executive Vinny Codrington said: “We have had a significant restructuring of our cricket department in the last year, and Toby has decided that he would prefer to pursue his opportunities elsewhere.

“He leaves with our thanks for his magnificent efforts with our Academy and our First and Second teams, culminating in the pivotal role he played in our victory in last year’s Twenty20 Cup.

“He will remain a friend of the club for many years to come and we will miss him.”

"Chief Executive Vinny Codrington said: "We have been absolute rubbish this year, and we have decided that Toby should pursue opportunities elsewhere. He leaves with our thanks for the T20 Trophy last year, but a kick up the backside for turning a talented team into the worst in the country."

Toby Radford said: “I asked to leave because this season's role has been very different from what it was last year.

"Toby Radford said: "I was chucked out because this season's team has been very different from what it was last year - i.e. quite good."

“I very much enjoyed my five years’ coaching at the club, and will miss many of the staff and players with whom I have worked during that time.

"The rest of the staff and players can **** off."

“I wish Middlesex and the players every success for the rest of this season and for seasons to come."

I hope they rot.