• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Open

brumgrecian

What a week of sport - The Open and the 2nd Test at Lords. Not a huge fan of links golf, but you've got to love The Open.

Got some small each-way bets on:

Sean O'Hair - 95/1
David Toms - 125/1
Ross Fisher - 45/1
Graham McDowell - 85/1
Soren Kjeldson - 125/1

Anybody else had a flutter?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
A mate of mine has a tenner on Fat Colin every year, always worth a **** take.

I love links golf it is just different from the target nonsense of the PGA, I also like a value bet and couple of yours are v good value although I fancy Paul Casey for this one and he has made a good start.

brumgrecian

Know what you mean Poults - I enjoy the shot-making that you need when you make your way round a links course, but I just don't find it particularly appealing on the eye - it doesn't grab my attention like say an Augusta, or Loch Lomond does.

Having said that, they just showed a shot from the 9th tee - that is one hell of a hole.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a week of sport - The Open and the 2nd Test at Lords. Not a huge fan of links golf, but you've got to love The Open.

Got some small each-way bets on:

Sean O'Hair - 95/1
David Toms - 125/1
Ross Fisher - 45/1
Graham McDowell - 85/1
Soren Kjeldson - 125/1

you must have been gutted when fisher managed to collapse ...

brumgrecian

you must have been gutted when fisher managed to collapse ...
Yep! When he was 3 shots clear early doors, I thought that even if he weren't to win I'd be ok for a top 5 finish. But then he completely blew up - it was pretty painful watching him hack it around on the 5th.

Also a shame that Westwood had a mini-collapse at the end, would've been great to see him win.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I had a quid on Goosen today at 5-1; he did alright but never looked like a seriuos contender, Watson really should have won it, that put at the 18th!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
as i mentioned on another thread, i went into the bookies ... and thought that cink at 14/1 looked a little too good ... so put £5 ew ...

£100 will be mine tomorrow...