• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds pubs

londonboy80

So which pubs are recommended in Leeds and which should be avoided? Are there any pubs near the ground for away fans that we could take over for the day, failing that football friendly town centre ones? Never been to Leeds

exeips

So which pubs are recommended in Leeds and which should be avoided? Are there any pubs near the ground for away fans that we could take over for the day, failing that football friendly town centre ones? Never been to Leeds
According to the http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leeds_united/ away fans go to the Dry Salters pub.

Just found this link to the pub.

http://www.pub-explorer.com/thepubs/drysalterleeds.htm

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Gozzer

The idea of going to Leeds and taking over a pub sounds a little bit... suicicidal, to me. ;)

CITY CASUAL

We are going to a pub called The post Office (i think!).It is about 5 miles from Leeds.

SELKIE

There are several pubs near the ground. The Old Peacock directly opposite is a Leeds fan only pub. You will not get in wearing colours. There is the Billy Bremner Bar which is part of the club. You need to be a Leeds member to get in after 1.00 p.m. but before that anyone can get in. However again no away colours. Immediately up the hill where the away coaches park is a pub The White Hart, this is okay if you keep quiet again colours not recommended. There is also another pub at the top of the hill turn right and keep on walking and you can't miss it. This is a bit safer but I have never seen away colours there.

The best pub which is away friendly is the Dry Salters. This is the only pub I have seen away colours in on a regular basis and it is as safe as a football pub can be for away fans. To get there from the away coaches walk towards the ground and turn left. Walk past the front of the ground past the Peacock pub right to the end of the road. You will pass several car parks and have to go under a tunnel. At the end of the road turn left and keep on walking until you get to the pub which will be on your left. It is perhaps a 10 to 15 minute brisk walk from the ground. It is in the opposite direction to the city centre where most of the Leeds fans will come from. The pub will still get full and there will be lots of Leeds fans in there but they are used to sharing with away fans. You can also get a meal there if you want, last time I was there it was buy 2 meals for the price of one and is normal pub grub.

denzel

All this 'no away colours' seems a bit over the top. It's only little us!

I think it may be easier to sup in the City Centre anyway.

Mike Blackstone

I've always felt it was a bit of a real ale desert in the centre of Leeds, The choice is not being particularly great. Even the CAMRA Good Beer Guide makes a similar comment. So if you stumble on one which has a great selection of micro brewers beers, let me know!

SELKIE

All this 'no away colours' seems a bit over the top. It's only little us!
QUOTE]

It is no colours because the doormen will stop you getting in.

denzel

I've always felt it was a bit of a real ale desert in the centre of Leeds, The choice is not being particularly great. Even the CAMRA Good Beer Guide makes a similar comment. So if you stumble on one which has a great selection of micro brewers beers, let me know!
My 2008 AA Pub Guide recommends Whitelocks, next to M&S right in the Centre. Has Theakstons Old Peculier and 'Guest Ales'. No idea if that suffices, but comments are reasonably positive here:
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/comments.shtml/3053/

Last edited: