• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trains to Leeds

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
(Hope this thread is suffficiently different (& possibly useful??) to avoid a collective*sigh* from the mods)

Now that we finally know the glorious day, have just gone on http://www.thetrainline.com/default.asp?T2ID=8566_2009617195927
to book my tickets....a reasonable £51 (+ £3.50) to get there and back (Note: Click the "It may be cheaper to buy singles" option ;) )

Main point of this post though is to point out that, while there is a choice of 2 or 3 trains for the outward journey, depending on how much time you want for pre match drinkies.....ooh, whoops :$ "soaking up the pre match atmosphere" :$ (my personal choice is the 7.23 from ESD arriving Leeds 12.02) there appears to be only one that will get us back to Exeter the same day (18.11 from Leeds, getting home 22.44).

I would guess that is likely to be quite well subscribed just by the Grecian Army so earliest poss booking might be wise to ensure a seat!

Hope this is of some help

southamptongrecian

anyone know how far the station is from the ground.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
anyone know how far the station is from the ground.
2 miles Norm - checked earlier

ecfc_adamski

Good help thanks, im sh*t with these train things otherwise, thanks

Grecian2K

2 miles Norm - checked earlier
Shamelessly "borrowed" from footballgroundguide.com :$

Leeds train station is around a 35 minute walk from the station. Probably best to either take a taxi or one of the shuttle buses, that run from just outside the station to the ground. Tom Whatling adds; 'The shuttle buses cost £2.50 return. As you come out of the station main entrance, cross the road and take the stairs down to the street below. Turn right and cross the road and you will see the double-decker buses lined up. The first bus in the queue also sells the tickets for all the other buses. The buses drop off and pick up at the corner of the North and East stands. It's best to get a return ticket as then you don't have to queue up after the match to get a ticket back to the station, you just walk straight onto the bus'.

Nicholas Small a visiting Wolverhampton Wanderers supporter provides the following directions if you decide to walk; 'It is best to leave the station from the rear exit, from where you can walk down the short hill out of the car park and follow the road around to the left. At the traffic lights go ahead (the road bears slightly left) and follow Whitehall Road for just shy of half-a-mile, passing under a railway bridge and then forking left down Springwell Street, to cut off a corner. At the end of Springwell Street, you come to a roundabout exit road with a zebra crossing in front of you. Cross at the zebra crossing, taking the next exit road clockwise around the roundabout. This is the A58 Domestic Road. This road becomes Domestic Street after about 400 yards (Domestic Road turning right and heading up to an overpass) and continues slightly uphill for about another 400 yards, passing under another railway bridge. There is a zebra crossing up here, which you should use to walk up the right-hand pavement. Upon reaching the top of the hill, you come to a garage, and some small shops, where you should turn right onto Shafton Lane. At the end of Shafton Lane, turn left onto Ingram Road and follow this until you see a pedestrian bridge ahead, as the road bears left, becoming Tilbury Road. By now, you should have seen the football ground over to your right. Cross the M621 via the footbridge, turning right at the bottom, and head down Elland Rd towards the stadium'.
Reading all that, "Shuttle-bus" for me, I think!

And well, to be fair for this bit of plagiarism, the LAST time we had to visit Elland Road they probably had horse-drawn trams...
....and NO - I wasn't around then (quite) ;)

denzel

Cab it!

When I stayed at Leeds for the Farsley game, Elland Road appeared to be just outside the station, albeit in the middle of a motorway, so I am surprised it's 35 minute walk.

Great pubs in Leeds City Centre, absolutely gagging to go to this one.

Pobbop

Bought my tickets today, if Sky put it on t'telly I'll cancel my subscription......

TOP_CITY_FAN

(my personal choice is the 7.23 from ESD arriving Leeds 12.02) there appears to be only one that will get us back to Exeter the same day (18.11 from Leeds, getting home 22.44).
These are the two trains that myself and Josh4ecfc64 will be getting [y]. See you there

ECFCHUNTY

from what i can make out the 8.23 train and 18.11 back is £51.00. by getting the 7.23 outbound makes the fare a lot more????

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
These are the two trains that myself and Josh4ecfc64 will be getting [y]. See you there
I expect the whole YST will be on that train too. Much joy to all other train catching City fans, no doubt.