• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pearl's a singer

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
and Malinga's a slinger.

Both these statements are true, but one of them just isn't right.

Ian Sideman

'bout time Pearl sat down.

There is a touch of Elkie Brooks about Malinga isn't there? Well spotted Goz.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are a cricket man, Ian. How can a batsman cope with where the ball is coming from from a bowler like that? He can bowl so wide of the crease and angle it in. Any batsman would surely have to adjust to it over a few balls. In 20/20 there isn't the luxury of time.

In my book, its cheating, pure and simple. When he took that Windies wicket with a full t*ss as well and then gets praised for a clever bit of bowling...:mad:

Ian Sideman

I'm inclined to agree with you.

It's very difficult for the batsman. But he bowls with a straight arm so doesn't contravene any laws. His style makes it's very idfficult to deliver the ball in the right areas consistently and if it was easy others would do it, so give him credit for that. Jeff Thomsons action was similar but with a higher arm.

I'd rather have Malinga than Murli the chucker or Botha the SA offie who also throws it.

ECFC TOM

I'm amazed about how much bounce he can get, what with such a low bowling arm. It's good to watch though (except when Sri Lanka play England).

Murali is a genius.

Ian Sideman

I'm amazed about how much bounce he can get, what with such a low bowling arm. It's good to watch though (except when Sri Lanka play England).

Murali is a genius.
Yes, he's a genius spinner. Doesn't bowl though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Malinga the slinger is fine.

Mitchell Johnson, on the other hand, is clearly a chucker.