• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

M1 north from nottingham

Rog H K

Greetings from sheffield.

For those of you who are going by car etc. To sheffield.
I have just driven up today from devon via m5 m42 and then the m1. The m1 from nottingham to sheffield is a nightmare. Its 50mph most of the way with average speed checks and lots of traffic so please give yourself plenty of time if you are coming this way to sheffield.

Right, off to the pub! :p

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
He's absolutely right, 15miles of the bleddy things at one point.

I took the A38/A5 into Burton and through Derbyshire picking the M1 up at North Notts/South Yorks and missed the lot while en route to Sunderland yesterday, its quite a slow route if traffic is slow i.e. vans and lorries in the fast lane of a dual carriageway trying to overtake more slow traffic, but you get there quicker and bypass all the roadworks and speed cameras. If you have satnav it may well send you this route anyway but be warned I think I think you can only access this diversion from the M6 toll

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was like that back in November & December.Would be quicker to build a brand new road.Think I might go via Worksop,unless the wife drives & she will go M1 whatever the conditions.

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
Was ok to go through at 11pm last night!