• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alright!

Millerman

alright people, great to see you doing so well this season and by the sounds of it, you will be bringing a very good following to the DVS, so as i have seen, a few of you would like some info about price, pubs and parking. so here is a little bit for you!

Price
its £10 for concessions and £20 for adults(Upper, 18 lower).so it is a bit much, but most charge that now

Ground
the facilities are a lot better then good old millmoor. clean toilets and you can wash your hands now, which is new lol. you can get burgers, chips and of course, we have brought the puka pies with us to the DVS. its all good priced as well. a new thing for us is you can get a drink now in the ground, but like other grounds, you have to drink it below. its not bad prices, we only sell carlsberg at £2.80 and tetleys at £2.60 and strongbow for you lot which is £2.60 i think. so its ok.

The view isnt as bad as people make it, it is far away, but you do get a good view, its like the old wem, if you ever went, the wind blows in and the roof isnt the best, if your at the front, you may get wet, but it should be a nice day for our game. so you will be able to enjoy the sun

Police
they have been into a few pubs and have had the riot vans out, but there has been no trouble yet. i think they were not sure how the rotherham fans would act in sheff and if any pigs and blades fans would come down. but not as bad at the moment. there should be no trouble with us at all, but you know what police are like lol, they will do anything to spoil your good day.

Pubs
There is loads of pubs about and lots of places to get food. there all cheap prices as well, stella is £2.60 a pint and carling is £2.45 at the moment, but could go up as it gets packed at most pubs. a good one is arena square, its 2 means for £10, good service and a nice pub, no trouble at all in here. but is 15 min walk to the ground, so if your lazy, dont go there lol. but it does have a good car park as well. next to it is the Wentworth, which is like an old fashion pub, got sky and not bad prices,
if you want to go near to the ground, there is the c*cked hat and farahs, both decent and are just accros from the ground, but does get very full. Another few near the ground is the sportsman. there is about 7 or 8 pubs in total near the ground, so im sure you can find one. here are some pics as well ##URL REMOVED##/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=ED21&id=396988
anything else you want to know, just ask. hope you enjoy the day here and make sure you bring a lot of fans lol, we still need the money
Up The Millers

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Where do most away fans go? Upper or lower tier?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
£20 is well steep imho. Is there any reduction if purchased Earlier??

TimG

£20 is well steep imho. Is there any reduction if purchased Earlier??
i dont think so seem to remember there being something on the main site saying they would not be selling any tickets in advance

Scooterboy 65

Are wheelchair users undercover or open to adverse weather conditions as I don't like getting wet.

Boston Red

Don't forget guys, you can pay your 18 quid and sit anywhere anyway. At least that's what was said on the other thread...

ecfcpipe

Thanks Millerman. that's some great info, much appreciated!

Red the Paper

Banned
Are wheelchair users undercover or open to adverse weather conditions as I don't like getting wet.
It never rains on the righteous mate. Prepare to get soaked

GJW

What time do the gates open? and is the drinking under the away end or mixed with home support at the ground? and is half-time entertainment going to be local kids throwing javelins and shot putts at the away end?

Millerman

i think the gates will open about !;30-2ish, not to sure as i never get to the game until 1 min before kick off lol. you have your own bar in the away end, you may have to que a bit though if there is 2000 as you say will be coming, but its not that bad service,

the half time entertainment is kids throwing javelins and shot putts at the away end but dont worry, they never reach lol. think the legends called chuckle brothers may be there as well, so they may come over and say hello lol.

but should be a good day, i assume there will be a lot of police out, but there should be no trouble, all the fans will mix and get on. "word on the steet" is that we may only make 2 or 3 changes, so it will be a strongish side against you, will try and give you a game, but good luck anyway
Up The Millers