• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luton Airport to Sheffield - lift needed

eurogrecian

Anybody give me a lift from Luton Airport to Sheffield? (one way only)
Happy to chip in for petrol etc
My flight arrives at 10.30.

Please pm me.
Thanks

finetime

If you don't get a lift luton is on the midland mainline which goes directly to sheffield. A single will probably be about £30 in advance..

eurogrecian

Thanks, I know, but the train times are not good and I'd get there much earlier (or wouldn't miss the start!) if I could go by car if anybody is passing.

PS And I don't think I can get an advanced ticket from here.....

Last edited:

Boyo

Train tales 2 hours 13 mins (change at Leicester) and run hourly from Luton Airport. You can book in advance online (thetrainline.com) for £20 and pick your ticket up at the station.

Thames Valley Red

Just seen the thread just got back from Toulouse versus Lorient (near you!), if you get to Milton Keynes station early there is a chance you can be brought up by Exmouth Nick. He is coming via my house and we have a large car going with 4 of us already.

PM me if you are struggling! If you get in the night before it would be easier fella.

UTC

TVR

eurogrecian

Thanks for the advice guys.

The problem is if I miss the 11.01 train, the next one doesn't get me into Sheffield until 14.38....

Can't get in any earlier TVR as I'm playing a match myself on Friday night (away to FC Challex 20.00 k.o.)!

Thanks for the advice guys.

The problem is if I miss the 11.01 train, the next one doesn't get me into Sheffield until 14.38....

Can't get in any earlier TVR as I'm playing a match myself on Friday night (away to FC Challex 20.00 k.o.)!
Catch up your PM's, Dave!

I have since checked out Multimap, and it shows me you are half an hour out of my way - but same message: if someone else can help out, great. But if you're running out of options, let me know ...