• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hatton v pacquiao

portland red

Thought I would start this one early with a couple of weeks to go.
My feeling is that Hatton will win this one but it will be close, tight points decision!

Ian_Woodward

i can't see hatton winning on points, manny is gonna hit him way too many times for that too happen. however i'm very very confident he's gonna ko him, pacmans defence is non existant compared to floyds...as soon as ricky can land a big punch on him it's over.

also pacs never fought anyone so strong and big, ok he beat oscar but oscar was shot, weight drained and just didn't have it anymore. he's pretty much going from 130 to 140, (one fight at 135) thats a big difference, the people hit much harder.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Anyone know somewhere its going to be on in Exeter?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Hatton will be too strong for him , he will knock him out in the third round.

Looking foward to it.

ECFC KARL

Manny pacquiao will win. A 5th round knockout

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since the loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr I don't think Ricky Hatton has ever looked as strong as he leading up to this fight, much of that is certainly down to Floyd Mayweather Snr.

Lazcano was not meant to be a pose any real threat yet the fight lasted 12 rounds and Ricky took some heavy punches in that fight, it should have been easier than Ricky made it. The fight against Malignaggi (another soft opponent who never had the weaponry to dispose of Ricky) saw Ricky completely dominate the fight and finding his range with consumate ease.

Pac Man will struggle coming up a weight as did Ricky when he fought Floyd Mayweather Jnr. The first three rounds will be explosive with Pac Man showing off his speed, and getting in and landing a few quick combinations before getting out of range. After that if Ricky sticks to his style of fighting (rough, dirty, pub-brawl type of fight) I feel he will wear Pan Man down and win the fight after round seven, either by KO or points

If Ricky wins it before round seven it will be with a punch that catches Pac Man off guard, with a punch you don't see all too often at this level of boxing.

Either way it could be a fantastic fight to watch [y]

Ian_Woodward

i just can't wait! i can't see anything but a ricky win, people are reading too much into the de la hoya win and forgetting that he's not fought at this weight before and only twice above 130. ricky will take his shots all night long and keep coming forward, he's like a pitbull and i'm so excited!

saturday has potential to be the worst/best day of my life lol!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the excitement this has been put firmly on my back burner. I'll be honest, I think Hatton will do it, but if he doesn't knock him out Manny will win. I think Hatton will floor him though.

saxonlad

Close one this I reckon, hard to call but I will stick my neck out and go for Hatton. Should be a good fight either way.

Ian_Woodward

Weigh in live at 11:10 but build up on ssn now. 7000 brits inside for it, 1000 locked outside!!

i cant f*cking wait!!!