• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham, our biggest league away following ever?

Dubai Grecian

Just flicking through various posts away days, wows, etc it seems an awful lot of people are planning to travel even before the result is known on Saturday. Surely it has the potential to see 2500+ City faithful travel from across the country, europe, globe to see the game?

TOP_CITY_FAN

Just out of interest, what is the biggest following from Exeter fans been at a league game? Not including the games against Argyle?

Dubai Grecian

Just out of interest, what is the biggest following from Exeter fans been at a league game? Not including the games against Argyle?
Pretty sure it was the 2100 we took to Lincoln in the championship year...now that was a good away day

Red the Paper

Banned
Pretty sure it was the 2100 we took to Lincoln in the championship year...now that was a good away day
We may have taken more than that to Hereford in the same season a couple of games before. Not sure though

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
We may have taken more than that to Hereford in the same season a couple of games before. Not sure though
I think we did Neil, I was there that day and remember someone saying to my Dad there were 2,500 City fans there that day and outnumbered the home fans.

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
I think we did Neil, I was there that day and remember someone saying to my Dad there were 2,500 City fans there that day and outnumbered the home fans.
It was a day of plenty of fighting after the match. I recall us losing 2.1 I think and the Police having to open the gates in the away end to prevent a full scale riot.

Dawlish Jayb

the Lincoln away day in the title winning season was something special,great memorys. I think either way up or not yet the Rotherham game we will take 2,000 not much more i would of thought

Thames Valley Red

13 Coaches to Hereford 22 coached Lincoln!

UTC

TVR

Red the Paper

Banned
13 Coaches to Hereford 22 coached Lincoln!

UTC

TVR
I drove with 3 passengers. Now if you can provide the number of cars/bikes/mini buses that travelled to Hereford in comparison to Lincoln I will accept your findings. I will also need car make and passenger take up ;)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting those that might've gone by train too! :p