• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln-what a thoroughly nice club

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure if this is the right place, but as a few others have alluded to it as well, but buried (no pun intended ;)) away on the MD thread I felt it deserved its own spot on EW - and if any Lincolnites want to reference it feel free.

It really was one of the most "relaxed" away days I've attended for a long time.
1. No sign (that I saw of) of any "chavish" silliness either before, during or after the match.
2. Their club, pre-match (watching Darlo destroy Rochdale) very welcoming and well-organised with good natured mixing (as it should be!)
3. During the game, "their lot" - at the other end of the Coop - gave as good as they got in the singing stakes.
4. But (possibly most of all for me, personally) post match - when most of us had departed -I hung on to see the FAC match there. Apart from one guy having a bit of a go about "how lucky we were" (couldn't, in truth, totally disagree) found them the most agreeable bunch I've come across for a long time. When they closed the main club bit (about half five) I way cordially invited into the "posh lounge" to watch the rest of the match, and to have a chat about L2 and footy things generally.

Top set of folks and, as I was happy to say to them, look forward to coming back soon (but not TOO soon, I hope [ecfc])

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep. Real pleasure to be there.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Good club. Enjoyed my day in many many ways.

weezer

Not sure if this is the right place, but as a few others have alluded to it as well, but buried (no pun intended ;)) away on the MD thread I felt it deserved its own spot on EW - and if any Lincolnites want to reference it feel free.

It really was one of the most "relaxed" away days I've attended for a long time.
1. No sign (that I saw of) of any "chavish" silliness either before, during or after the match.
2. Their club, pre-match (watching Darlo destroy Rochdale) very welcoming and well-organised with good natured mixing (as it should be!)
3. During the game, "their lot" - at the other end of the Coop - gave as good as they got in the singing stakes.
4. But (possibly most of all for me, personally) post match - when most of us had departed -I hung on to see the FAC match there. Apart from one guy having a bit of a go about "how lucky we were" (couldn't, in truth, totally disagree) found them the most agreeable bunch I've come across for a long time. When they closed the main club bit (about half five) I way cordially invited into the "posh lounge" to watch the rest of the match, and to have a chat about L2 and footy things generally.

Top set of folks and, as I was happy to say to them, look forward to coming back soon (but not TOO soon, I hope [ecfc])
Lincoln is a thoroughly lovely city, not unlike Exeter in many ways..got drunk there when we won 4th division on 1990, very fond memories.

Scooterboy 65

Yes a very nice club down to the ticket office, The social club and a very nice pork and stuffing roll made thy Stomach just right for the game.
After the game a couple of Lincoln fans said we wont see you next season. I hope he is right.
Plus I was in the away end for a change.
Cheers Lincoln top day

Last edited:

Grecian2K

That stand is a bit of a bugger for "flag-hanging" though, isn't it Phil ;) . Poor old RaWZ missed most of the first half trying to hang your own banner up! :(

Agree about the Pork & Stuffing Rolls though - yum yum yum [y]

Last edited:

Scooterboy 65

That stand is a bit of a bugger for "flag-hanging" though, isn't it Phil ;) . Poor old RaWZ missed most of the first half trying to hang your own banner up! :(

Agree about the Pork & Stuffing Rolls though - yum yum yum [y]
Yes poor RAWZ he had a right job sorting it out in the end at an angle.

fred binneys head

Scoots - do you have a Mazda 3? Think me and Herschel followed you out of Lincoln but went past you when you stopped for chips :)

Shortround

I got to Lincoln at about 10:30am and went to have a look around the ground, i bumped into a steward and he asked me about my trip up & said how well we were doing this season, he also let me go into the ground so i could take a couple of pics of the ground. I then went to there ticket office to pick up my ticket & as i was leaving there manager Peter Jackson followed me out & he to asked if i had had a safe trip up & how well we had done this season! Top bloke he is & everyone else at Lincoln deserve praise for being so helpful & friendly!

Scooterboy 65

Scoots - do you have a Mazda 3? Think me and Herschel followed you out of Lincoln but went past you when you stopped for chips :)
Yes I do a Red one. That was are treat if we won and very nice the fish and chips were.
Also whilst there the team coach went by and we gave them a clap and they gave us a wave.
So nice to treated well though yesterday and forgot to say that the stewards were really helpful