• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham from East Dorset / Hampshire

mammooman

Anyone travelling from the South Coast? I cannot make any other match due to work commitments and Rotherham is the only one I stand a chance to get the day off, really don't want to miss being last game and all but costs and logistics may prove a stumbling block!

Train from Bournemouth/Southampton is £90/£80 and takes 4 hrs (but direct) !!! Even a 4 groupsave works out at £80/£70 each. I even looked into the possibility of National Express which works out at £45 return but both journeys the wrong side of 8 hours as the only routes go via London!! So much for public transport incentive.

So, a few options...drive up (really really don't fancy doing) or sorting travel to/from the capital then maybe joining the Exiles?

Anyone else debating in the East Dorset/Hampshire area? Newbury? southamptongrecian? Or just me!

Give us a C

Up to Rotherham on the last Saturday... Flybe up to Leeds/Bradford from Southampton... (£29.99) then advance Coss Country ticket on the way back... (think I am leaving Sheffield on the 18:23... £18.50)... Booked a week or two ago... absolutely shocking for the environment but got change out of £60 with the bus to Leeds and the train to Sheff.

Not sure on the latest prices on this though... either way you shouldn't be alone travelling up from the South Coast.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Southamptongrecian said something about a cheap bus..... give him a pm and I'm sure he'll fill you in.

newburygrecian

We're sorted now. A whole load of separate singles on the coach, with one train from Sheffield to London. We leave Southampton at 0510 on Saturday and get back at 0145 on Sunday. Worked out about £30 each.

mammooman

A long day, but I'm sure plenty of Beer will be consumed to help the journey.