• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*** The US Masters 2009 ***

top red

Starts Thursday night on BBC.
What do you reckon then?
I think Mcilroy looks good this year. but then with Tiger about anything could happen

heres all the odds for the betting folk
http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/win-market

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at them odds just reminds me that the Masters is the Grand National of golf, obviously the Tigger is the class horse and Phil must have a chance if he gets round, no pun intended, but other than they I could happily back twenty others who might be in the frame come Sunday Night.

Rivals The Open for viewing pleasure in my book.

nstphillips

Starts Thursday night on BBC.
What do you reckon then?
I think Mcilroy looks good this year. but then with Tiger about anything could happen

heres all the odds for the betting folk
http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/win-market
Mcilroy has been superb this year, I am sure he will continue to make a good account for himself the rest of the season. He has such a mature head on top of such a young pair of shoulders.

However, Woods seems to have come back stronger then ever, really would love to see a classic Woods performance this Easter!

brumgrecian

One of my favourite sporting weekends of the year - absolutely love it. As much as I love The Open, in terms of aesthetics and pleasurable viewing I'd say this is in a different league - not a big fan of links courses when they're on the TV.

Like ******** said, betting wise it's like the Grand National of golf, but the upside is I for one know far more about a golfer than I do about a horse (although that's not saying much).

I put some small each way bets on earlier and reckon I got some decent odds:
Paul Casey - 25/1
Sean O'Hair - 66/1
Zach Johnson - 40/1
Tim Clark - 100/1 (can't believe those odds considering he already has 2 top 10 finishes at the Masters)
Oliver Wilson - 125/1

ECFC TOM

Woods will win it. Is that knobhead Lineker presenting it again? He only goes out there for the suntan, he doesn't give a sh*t about golf (although neither do I much).

top red

Woods will win it. Is that knobhead Lineker presenting it again? He only goes out there for the suntan, he doesn't give a sh*t about golf (although neither do I much).
do they do good spray on tans in Georgia?

nstphillips

First day today, can't wait here are my predictions.

Winner - Tiger Woods
Highest placed European - Paul Casey

brumgrecian

4 hole in ones were hit on the last practice round - 2 of them coming from Greg Norman and Gary Player, absolute quality.

Heard earlier today that all in all, Gary Player has spent a year of his life playing at the Masters - not a bad effort!

Last edited:

nstphillips

4 hole in ones were hit on the last practice round - 2 of them coming from Greg Norman and Gary Player, absolute quality.

Heard earlier today that all in all, Gary Player has spent a year of his life playing at the Masters - not a bad effort!
Incredible, hope they show some footage of the practice rounds tonight. I'm gutted that I missed the par 3 tourney, didn't know they were showing it online yesterday :(

Amazing statistic about Gary Player, a year of his life! Quality!

top red

well Tiger is looking pretty good now; only 5 shots off the lead after one day. He usually steps it up a gear on the saturday and sunday and has to be favourite at the moment