• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City Away - Lets re-live 1989-90

Thames Valley Red

For those that are too young, we won the Championship at Lincoln and that day we battered them with 5 goals. We took 24 coaches and we probably had 2,000 up at the game. How about we do the same this year and try and secure promotion.Lets make it a target!

UTC
TVR

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Clap clap. But I'll go 500 City fans!!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those that are too young, we won the Championship at Lincoln
Err Al the Championship was already sown up by then, we won it at home to Scarborough 3-2 on Saturday 28th April. Lincoln was Saturday May 5th ;) :)

Incidently it was the 25th April 1990 we won promotion against Southend, could this date at home to Morecambe play a big significance in our season? We shall see....

Oh and clap clap by the way :D

Last edited:

Exe bornandbred

Clap Clap, due to distance i would go 500 max.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Err Al the Championship was already sown up by then, we won it at home to Scarborough 3-2 on Saturday 28th April. Lincoln was Saturday May 5th ;) :)
I think we won it, strangely, at York when we lost 3-0, the first time that season we lost by more than one goal. After that we were unbeaten for the rest of the season and won the division by a whopping ten points. the Scarborough game merely got the formalities out of the way.

And as with those advocating going back to that pub at Wembley for the Barnet game, you can never falsely recreate an atmosphere or try to force an event into being something it's not. Lincoln will never be recreated at Lincoln again, so don't bother trying. Just turn up, cheer the lads as usual and see what happens. 24 coaches? Between two and four at best I reckon.

Oldsmobile-88

That game in 1990 was party mode for the Grecians....A lot of mini-buses were hired for that day & the old bill(who were top notch) directed us all to a lovely country pub off the A46 complete with beer garden(it was a scorching day iirc)..

lancsgrecian

Pressure off that day, title already won and the team played in exhibition mood- Richard Young and Ben Rowe! An open away side in blazing sun- and chants of "4th division rubbish" to the home fans!

Benguin

That game in 1990 was party mode for the Grecians....A lot of mini-buses were hired for that day & the old bill(who were top notch) directed us all to a lovely country pub off the A46 complete with beer garden(it was a scorching day iirc)..
Remember the day and that pub very well. It was sunny and a celebration mood prevailed. Lets hope this year has the same feeling.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember a big convoy of cars & mini-buses going through Newark on the way back from the game & one bloke standing on the roof of a mini-bus as we snaked through the town!...What a great day that was...Until our mini-bus ran out of petrol on the Sowton roundabout,& we ended up pushing the thing to the petrol station at Middlemoor!..

Grecian2K

Until our mini-bus ran out of petrol on the Sowton roundabout,& we ended up pushing the thing to the petrol station at Middlemoor!..
That bugger's closed now, I believe, Oldie (and the Texaco on Honiton Road)......so best fill up at Cully services this time I'd suggest.