• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheifs lost

cityno1ledgend

Lost to moesly in a cup semi final and league game double header 32-24

oh dear oh dear ...

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can it be possibly justified that you play 1 game for the result of 2 competitions!! THats another reason why rugby is a JOKE!!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talk about chucking your season away on one game. May as well now just concentrate on getting a team to do it all again next season, this one ended rather emphatically this afternoon.

Silly sods.

heathy1

All I can say is fantastic, sorry chiefs although you are Exeter your fans hate us so I hate you

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bollox ...

They may have lost a cup game but they are still only 5 point behind Leeds in the league with a game in hand ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777167.stm

What was the point of lying to start a thread ?

Bittners a Legend

Bollox ...

They may have lost a cup game but they are still only 5 point behind Leeds in the league with a game in hand ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777167.stm

What was the point of lying to start a thread ?
Unfortunately it is true...despite what the BBC link says. The game today was a Cup semi final AND a league fixture...makes it extremely unlikely they'll go up now.

http://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/site/1/results.html?&ar_item=1652

Joshyd123

Oh dear.

All the hype of the Chiefs winning everything again this year goes down the pan in cup and league on the same day.

Roll on next season :cool:

ECFCHUNTY

said it before,how very tinpot..

whoever took the decision to play the 2 fixtures in 1 game should be sacked.
mosely are **** poor and if it were a league game they would have rolled over and lost quite easy.yet it was a cup semi final?? im sure there players have been concentrating on this for a while,got themselves up for it and were always going to be a better side that there league form suggests.

Brian Moore

All I can say is fantastic, sorry chiefs although you are Exeter your fans hate us so I hate you
Bollox! Some Chiefs fans might but the majority dont as they are Exonians and are pleased to see any team from the City doing well.
The Chiefs f*cked up well and truly today, ridiculous idea to play a double header and to allow three of ytheir best players to go to HK for a sevens tournament. This year they have the biggest budget, playing squad and attendances and have failed miserably - time for a change at the top.

geoffwp

the majority dont as they are Exonians and are pleased to see any team from the City doing well.
Only to a point Brian. Im not sad to see the Chiefs stay a L1 side and have said so consistently. I firmly believe the city isn't big enough, in a sport supporting context, to maintain 2 successful sides with big gates. If anyone is going to get the support available i'd rather it was our football club. A premiership rugby side would be just too much of a very direct threat for a lot of floating support. Let them stay a good L1 side. Let us go onward and upwards first.