• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not going to Brentford ?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Then think again.

I was there yesterday with a 160 odd Chesterfield fans and Mackster, we stood on some pretty old terracing at one end, it was a little claustrophobic with only a few in as it is covered by a low concrete roof which serves as the floor to the 600 seats above, in fact if you wanted a good view of the game then one of the them would be favourite, but that piece of old terracing with five or six hundred bauys in it will be really jumping. The ground is fully enclosed with a narrow pitch and no gap to the stands, there were only four and a half k in but the atmos was good, no better than good, even though Brentford were losing, with 6 or 7k in and the best part of a thousand visitors it could be immense, I warn you not to miss out, a proper old ground with a pub at every corner, decent home fans with no rep and easier to get to than Barnet.

Simples.

LammieLammieLammie

a proper old ground with a pub at every corner.
But sadly 2 of them are closed arn't they?

Poultice

But sadly 2 of them are closed arn't they?
Not last night no.

Simples.

LammieLammieLammie

ok.

How did Brentford play? Signs of choking?

Afful?

Simplyles.

Last edited:

Poultice

How did Brentford play? Signs of choking?
Not as good as I expected, bit one dimensional, long throw from No.15 who also took all the free kicks and corners, they didn't defend at all well with Gritton winning just about everything in the air, they only really got at it near the end when Lee pulled off the best save I have seen for years. All in all I would fancy us more agin them than Chesterfield, further update after the Dagenham game Monday.

Simples.

Mackster

I wouldn't say Brentford showed signs of choking, but they did seem to lack ideas. They had a good couple of chances to go 1-0 up in the 1st half, but I thought Chesterfield were by far the better side in the 2nd half.

Brentford's main threat came down the right and they also had a player who didn't feature at SJP - David Hunt who has a Rory Delap throw. Not just a long throw, but an exact Delap replica with a bullet like trajectory. Chesterfield deal't with it pretty well, but I can see us having problems with no Matty.

Although Brentford pushed hard for an equaliser, Chesterfield had 3 good chances to add to their lead and a possible pen turned down. MacDonald was poor whilst Gritton & Lester looked like the real deal.

What it taught me is that Brentford are nothing to be feared of and if win at their place we could still catch them. We need to push hard for auto promotion because Chesterfield now look the best team in this division and a fading Shrews & Bradfud could let them in.

It will be the best away-day of the season. The ground, the atmosphere and the occasion make it a must for us to fill their 1,600 end.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
With Jordan Rhodes now injured, our chances of sneaking something from my home game are increased, methinks.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im desperately trying to get the day off for this one but it doesnt look good :(

pete_h

Am working that weekend, but seeing as Sky Sports is a brief walk up the road I'm planning on a sneak out mission at about half two and quick jog back to work at 4.45pm. Nothing to do whilst the football's on anywa.[H]

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Pete - you don't know either Sarah Lacey or Laura Hearsum by any chance?