• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

chat on matchdays

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Looking on rival fans sites i notice they have a chat facility called flash chat, any chance of having this on exeweb especially during matchdays, saves on long threads in the word on well street

Tada

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
we used to have one but it isno more :( There was talk of us having it back though - any news on this?

Swanaldo

IIRC it left the site open to attack. Shame, it used to be quite fun.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Where are the mods when you need them to answer a question :)

Tada

Swanaldo

Where are the Mods,
Where are the Mods,
Where are, Where are
Where are the Mods?

newburygrecian

Drunk, mostly.

Swanny is right on why it was removed. I'm also not sure of how much it would cost to set up.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Can you look into it please? save on refresing pages etc

Tada

loobygrecian

Chat used to be a pain in the ass IIRC.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
The last chat room was, as said above, removed because it left the site open to attack.

I've spoken to our host and they suggested a different chat room we can look at, which Southend United's forum currently uses. I've registered there and I'm going to ask the forum admins what they think about it.

It would be Mr Exeweb's decision, of course, whether or not he wants another chat room. However, if he does the software costs money so if you really want a chat room you might want to consider the 'donate' button at the top of the page... ;)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The last chat room was, as said above, removed because it left the site open to attack.

I've spoken to our host and they suggested a different chat room we can look at, which Southend United's forum currently uses. I've registered there and I'm going to ask the forum admins what they think about it.

It would be Mr Exeweb's decision, of course, whether or not he wants another chat room. However, if he does the software costs money so if you really want a chat room you might want to consider the 'donate' button at the top of the page... ;)
Fair enough Jug.. can you just have it for match days!! Thats when it would be useful, other days lock it.

When it comes to donations, i often click on the adverts on the top of the screen, doesnt that bring in the wealth?

Tada