• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Falcons return?

Brian Moore

I hear that very positive news came out of last nights supporters club meeting and that, fingers crossed, the diggers may be moving in up at Haldon this summer with the aim of a return of the Falcons next Easter Monday. I wont believe it until i see it of course after all the false starts we've had before.

ECFC TOM

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. A Falcons return would be marvellous although it wont be the same without the County Ground.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wont believe it until i see it of course after all the false starts we've had before.
Need to make sure you have enough tapes then mate.

Mike Blackstone

I hear that very positive news came out of last nights supporters club meeting and that, fingers crossed, the diggers may be moving in up at Haldon this summer with the aim of a return of the Falcons next Easter Monday. I wont believe it until i see it of course after all the false starts we've had before.
It would be good news for the city of Exeter, but how on earth will they be able to construct a new stadium in two months?

Can someone also explain - won't a grandstand obstruct the view of punters when attending horse racing?

4ORDY

This "could" be great news, fingers crossed ....

Brian Moore

It would be good news for the city of Exeter, but how on earth will they be able to construct a new stadium in two months?

Can someone also explain - won't a grandstand obstruct the view of punters when attending horse racing?
It will be 9 months not two Mike - Easter 2010 - and there will only be very basic facilities, rather like at Somerset (if anyone's been there). No grandstand yet but the track is in the centre of the racetrack which is apparently lower then the horese racing tracjk so when (if) a stand is built it wont affect the punters view, the speedway tracj is also going to be sunk two metres into the ground which will apparently halpe reduce noise and, at the same time, give spectators a good view. To start with they are spending the vast majority of the money on getting a good track then will build up the rest over the years if it's a success. It will be all portacabins and mobile burger fans until then - but who cares as long as we get our speedway back!