• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Ashes

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was sure there was a thread about the ashes but it seems to have gone the way of the dodo ...

Got my pack through from Lords yesterday for the ashes match ... they want £95 for Thurs/Fri ... only £75 or so for the Sat/Sun !!

Last time around I saw the sunday at lords and all of the Edgbaston (2 run win!!) tests for less than £250 ... this time I am watching the first day at Edgbaston only for £75 ... its fecking ridiculous ...

Anyone else going ?

NG

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have been to the London test matches for the last few years now. Not going at the prices this year, I refuse to pay that sort of money. Going to book the Mondays off so I can get in to the 5th day if they look good.

Going to 3 20/20 world cup days.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was sure there was a thread about the ashes but it seems to have gone the way of the dodo ...

Got my pack through from Lords yesterday for the ashes match ... they want £95 for Thurs/Fri ... only £75 or so for the Sat/Sun !!

Last time around I saw the sunday at lords and all of the Edgbaston (2 run win!!) tests for less than £250 ... this time I am watching the first day at Edgbaston only for £75 ... its fecking ridiculous ...

Anyone else going ?

NG
I have tickets for the Saturday at Edgebaston - really looking forward to it :D
Managed to get ticket for wheelchair area in Eric hollies stand (the last international there they wouldnt let under 18's in Eric Hollies!
I was there in 2005 and cant wait [y]

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster

Anyone else going ?

NG
That 2 run win game must have been amazing from the 'terraces', brings back memories and a time you could watch the game on regular TV

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That 2 run win game must have been amazing from the 'terraces', brings back memories and a time you could watch the game on regular TV
it was absolutely phenomenal .. the only time i have ever seen a complete test live as well .. had different seats each day so got a real feel for it all .. was in the hollies when flintoff was hitting 6s whilst 9 men on the boundary ...

The sunday will also live long in the memory .. i had £2 at 80/1 that it would be a tie ... my only regret was that i was so caught up in the moment that i didnt notice the lee/flintoff hug at the end of the game .. turns out that that was the moment of the year !!

Doh !!!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
At Edgebaston 2005 my claim to fame was nearly running over Shane Warne and Adan Gillcrest with my powered wheelchair on their way to the nets!
Warne was friendly with a bit of banter and the Chauffer had my programme and a pen at the ready,
which he was happy to sign but got permanent marker pen on the tray of my wheelchair! _ chauffer very unhappy!
I was chuffed to meet a ledgend [y]

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly I was priced out of Test Cricket long ago. Have to content myself with TMS on t'radio at work then the Five highlights.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sadly I was priced out of Test Cricket long ago. Have to content myself with TMS on t'radio at work then the Five highlights.
Same here. Used to do the Thursday and Friday at the Oval. Not been since they built the new stand. :(

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was at The Oval in September 2005.

The week after the Ashes - watching Middlesex relegate Surrey to Div 2!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hping to make it the the Boxing Day test in late 2010!