• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham (in Sheffield) weekender

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

First and most important thing, the game (2nd May) is in SHEFFIELD! Not Rotherham.

Secondly to celebrate Lister's (the Sunday) and mine (the preceding Wednesday) Birthdays + the end of the season + hopefully making the playoffs or auto promotion - Quite a few of us are planning a weekender! :)

For anyone who likes travelling with fellow Exewebbers our train up is Saturday at 0600, and we return on Sunday at 1357 (into Exeter for 1820).

We'll be staying in central Sheffield.

Will Radio Grecian be there though??

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Let us know where you are staying cos we will prob drive up, would be nice to saty in the same place or somewhere near [y]

Red the Paper

Banned
Sheffield has a great nightlife, cut can be dangerous.

les.gtfc

Yeah, The Don Valley Stadium is a strange place to watch football. Its similar to Brightons current ground. Athletics stadiums were definitely not built to host footy matches.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bloody fantastic place to run with a full crowd [y]

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

The only running we'll be doing is to the toilet at 3am when we realise they don't make Kebabs like Raj do, and it's time to say hello to Mr Sheesh again sooner than we'd hoped.

UTC

BOS

Sheffield has a great nightlife, cut can be dangerous.

Depends on what you cut yourself with...

Seriously, I've just moved out of Sheffield after six years living there, and it is no more dangerous than Exeter.

Get yourself a tram/bus DayRider (£3.00) for unlimited travel on the trams, which go to the Don Valley stadium, the West Street "night-time economy" district, and the Real Ale Trail between Shalesmoor and Hillsborough.

The ground is a bit of a concrete open bowl with no atmosphere, located in an area of industrial units and retail parks, but transport links to the city centre are good.

Can't wait to go back!

BOS

journeyman

Went past the ground on the tram the other day, looks unfit or football atmposhere it has to be said, but easy access for anyone who can get to Sheff, not far at all from the Meadowhall Bus Interchange

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've been out in Sheffield once.

Good place to go out except for the GRID that i brought home.

les.gtfc

Went past the ground on the tram the other day, looks unfit or football atmposhere it has to be said,
Believe me, it is.