• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today I'm off To .....

Mike Blackstone

Thanks toTorquay United who feel they cannot make the effort to travel north, I can't get along to watch them play at Barrow this afternoon. The weather is fine, the pitch is fine, but Torquay can't make it!!! I hope they get thrashed when the game is rearranged for midweek date.

So this afternoon, I'll be off to watch Lancaster City play Rossendale United instead,along with my brother who is staying with us for a week.

Red the Paper

Banned
Thanks toTorquay United who feel they cannot make the effort to travel north, I can't get along to watch them play at Barrow this afternoon. The weather is fine, the pitch is fine, but Torquay can't make it!!! I hope they get thrashed when the game is rearranged for midweek date.

So this afternoon, I'll be off to watch Lancaster City play Rossendale United instead,along with my brother who is staying with us for a week.
Hats off to you Mike as normal...you are a real football fan:)

southamptongrecian

Just got back from watching Totton lose 2 - 0 to Turo, some nice football, but bloody cold, my feet was colder than last week at the charity game.

Mike Blackstone

Poor, poor game this afternoon. Possibly the worst I have seen this season. Final result: Lancaster City 1 Rossendale United 0. Report on my blog, hopefully, later tonight.

Polmeer

Southamptongrecian -
I was also at the Totton v Truro City match -
quite a good atmosphere for a Southern League game, crowd of 626 - about 40 to 50 of which made it up from Truro driving through a winter-wonderland to get there.
Have you any views on the performances of some of the ECFC 'old-boys' -
Rice,McConnell,Taylor,Martin,Ash..??
My man of the match would be Jake Ash - another monumental performance at the heart of the defence.

southamptongrecian

Southamptongrecian -
I was also at the Totton v Truro City match -
quite a good atmosphere for a Southern League game, crowd of 626 - about 40 to 50 of which made it up from Truro driving through a winter-wonderland to get there.
Have you any views on the performances of some of the ECFC 'old-boys' -
Rice,McConnell,Taylor,Martin,Ash..??
My man of the match would be Jake Ash - another monumental performance at the heart of the defence.
Hi,
Yes I enjoyed the game, was impressed with the crowd, when I used to go to Totton a couple of years ago they got gates of around 60 to 70 if they were lucky.
Rice had a good game but he should at that level, didnt know many of the Truo team, If Ash was the defended I think it was he kept you ine game.
I must admit I spent most of the time watching the Totton players, I used to work with the brother of Tottons no 9.

GJW

I went to watch Bideford play Speenymoor in the FA Vase quarter-final. They won 2-0. I missed both goals. I was still in the bar for the first and in the toilet for the second. I missed most of the game through talking. Appledore were at home to Totnes & Dartington so I had to get text up-dates for that game.

GJW

Apparently it was the 5th round and not the quarter final. I stand corrected. There were far too many Argyle tops and hats at the game. I hate to say it but Bideford and Torridge area is very green. City fans are definitely in a minority here.