• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Start of the 2009/2010 season?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anybody any ideas when the first Saturday will be for next season? not found anything on the web. Not sure if it will get pulled forward because of the world cup in 2010 - 9th August for the current season.

Trying to organise holidays, and wouldn't want to miss out on a trip to Leeds or Forest because I am in the wrong part of the world :D

PS. Good job my family don't read this, they would not be very happy at me organising holidays around the footie. :p

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Premiership may start later because of the world cup, but the Football League? Mind you, if Bertie gets that long overdue call up to the France midfield...

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tell them you're going camping this year, and then you can camp somewhere near the first game?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tell them you're going camping this year, and then you can camp somewhere near the first game?
Only if we start off with a European game in Rome!

Oldsmobile-88

It would be intresting if it was Bradford..:D..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Key dates as follows:-

Next season will kick off on 8th August 2009, with the Carling Cup - which celebrates its 50th year - getting underway a matter of days later during the week commencing 10th August 2009.

The growing number of international players in the Coca-Cola Football League, and the Championship in particular, has, once again, led to the Play-Off weekend having to be split over two weekends during a World Cup year.

Unfortunately, the call-up period for the 2010 tournament falls during the May bank-holiday weekend, the traditional date for the Play-Off s. Therefore, following consultation with clubs it has been decided to schedule the Coca-Cola Championship Play-off Final on Saturday 22nd May 2010, with the Coca-Cola League 1 and 2 games being played the following weekend (League 2 - 29th & League 1 - 30th).
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/News/FLNewsDetail/0,,10794~1597095,00.html

londonboy80

Cheers for posting that as need to plan a trip back for August
Xmas looks actioned packed again this year with an extra game squeezed in on the 23rd - hopefully it won't be quite as cold this year and all the games will be on!

Last edited:

denzel

Cheers for posting that as need to plan a trip back for August
Xmas looks actioned packed again this year with an extra game squeezed in on the 23rd - hopefully it won't be quite as cold this year and all the games will be on!
Very odd squeezing that game in on the 23rd, given that it's a Wednesday at a time of year when it's not easy getting crowds away from Xmas shopping or parties!

Knowing how the fixtures have worked out for us this year, I bet we'll be away at Carlisle!

Last edited:

Grecian2K

I bet we'll be away at Carlisle!
Nah - Hartlepool mate (Even worse to get to!!!) :(