• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer fees.....

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hom many transfers these days are listed as 'undisclosed'? too many in my opinion! Surely the fans deserve the right to know how much a player has cost????!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed - in calling for greater transparency in clubs' financial dealings, I think people have a right to know how much their club has paid/received for transfers.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
For example - Bolton secured the signing of Charles Insomnia with Taylor going in the opposite direction as part of the 'record' transfer deal. But i wonder how much it was for it to be a 'record' deal? In the good ol' days and not to long ago, it was either a free transfer, Loan or a numerical number for a fee and very rarely you would see 'undisclosed'....

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aye I agree.

Love it when they say " the fee is undisclosed but it is thought to be in the region of £16.25 Million pouns "

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am stunned that transfer fees are ever made public, with players wages they represent the most sensitive information a business could have and should be the subject of NDAs with the penalty of death

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aye I agree.

Love it when they say " the fee is undisclosed but it is thought to be in the region of £16.25 Million pouns "
Basicly they aint got a freaking clue! :D

tisdale 1

Resigned
For example - Bolton secured the signing of Charles Insomnia with Taylor going in the opposite direction as part of the 'record' transfer deal. But i wonder how much it was for it to be a 'record' deal? In the good ol' days and not to long ago, it was either a free transfer, Loan or a numerical number for a fee and very rarely you would see 'undisclosed'....
Do you not mean wigan?

And yes clubs should lets fans know how much money they have parted with to buy players.

finetime

I am stunned that transfer fees are ever made public, with players wages they represent the most sensitive information a business could have and should be the subject of NDAs with the penalty of death
Slightly different though as the size of the fee generates the hype, media interest and eventually money..

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hom many transfers these days are listed as 'undisclosed'? too many in my opinion! Surely the fans deserve the right to know how much a player has cost????!
I used to disclose my opinion on this matter, but, in tune with the times, I am now disclosing my opinion. :D

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you not mean wigan?

And yes clubs should lets fans know how much money they have parted with to buy players.
Yeah, thats the one ;)