• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England vs Windies

glos_grecian

Can't wait for the Test Series tomorrow, nothing like a bit of armchair cricket at prime time[H]

The mighty Grecian

I hope the series is as good as this quote from Chris Gayle

"I am enjoying the captaincy so far. There's been a lot of pressure. But that is my middle name, so I thrive on it."

West Indies certainly have a talented team I doubt its going to be as easy as it was in 2004 however if Sidebottom and Flintoff are all guns blazing then you never know :)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. Should be good.

The most finely balanced test series between these two teams for years. Historically, one of these two teams starts as clear favourites (I once saw them demolish us in a Headingley test in the early eighties) but now it seems we're almost back on equal footing. How much the Windies can continue improving will no doubt be judged by this series. I just wonder if they want it a heck of a lot more than some of our boys, which might help them.

Brian Moore

As i am only working mornings for the next month this couldnt have come at a better time - bring it on!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"I am enjoying the captaincy so far. There's been a lot of pressure. But that is my middle name, so I thrive on it."
Liar - his middle initial isn't "P"! :D

Should be a great contest. Theoretically it should still be England clear favourites, but with all the upheavels in English Cricket in the last couple of years, combined with a partial resurrection of Windies Cricket under Gayle (interestingly but not surprisingly improving post-Lara), this should be a cracker.

Fingers crossed the selectors make the right decisions.... ;)

rich13

Getting Chanderpaul out quickly will be the key to the test's if he hangs around for 7 hours we will have a problem.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sounding increasingly like England's selectors will NOT make the right decision. :mad: :mad:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Bell is the selectors pride and joy if Freddie is fit , Shah will miss out.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly - I wonder what hold Bell has over them. Maybe he supplies the soap for the showers or something.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Class player Mind.